Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Thoughts on The 2014 Stingray Vette??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 05:26 AM
Default Thoughts on The 2014 Stingray Vette??

So I know there are a lot of GM fans on this site. I have seen numerous posts of members of the forum chatting about other GM products. As we all are aware of by now many pictures, images and videos have been released on the new 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray. I'm interested in everybodys thoughts and opinions about this remodel. It obviously was a bold move that I'm still a little uncertain about...

I think Im in love with about 85% of it. I like everything but the tail section and tail lights which I feel like they left a little to be desired back there. As I really do like the redesign I'm also overcome with a feeling of "ferrari" instead of American Muscle. I guess I'm just left with some mixed emotions and I'm definately unsure of what made them think it deserves the the title... Stingray.

What do you think?

Old 03-27-2013, 08:01 AM

I love the new Vettes but I don't have the money to keep one insured and full of gas. I'd like to see GM bring back a car like the SKY and Solstice. BY the time I was ready to buy a new SKY they were gone.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Banned

I agree, the Sky was a pretty piece of work. Keep your eyes open, one may pop up on the sales page of your local paper ...

Old 03-28-2013, 06:10 PM

Been watching Ocean and I will keep watching. The more I think about the kinda money a Vette costs I don't see me with one.

Last edited by eneloop; 03-30-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:18 PM

The jury is still out for me. I want to see one in person before I make any commitment to one. Rumor is on the Corvette forum that the stingray is only one of a few to come out. "They say" soon there may be a more achievable base model that will start around $40k for an entry level. It may have 5.3 with about 400 hp. and no goodies at all. I personally don't forsee that happening. In 2015 or 2016 there is be a Z06 with about 600 hp. and a ZR1 with 700 hp. This remains to be seen. If you think about it, the Stingray is a very good car for the price. About 60K or so you get 450hp with 450lbs tq and all the suspension goodies that are state of the art. It will have active fuel management with direct injection. It will get in the upper 20 mpg when you keep your foot out of it. With active fuel management, skip shift and a 7 speed man. trans. It avoids the gas gussler tax As with most new models, it is bound to have a few bugs so I would suggest not buying the 2014. In 2015 the bugs should be gone and you will probably have more options to pick from. I do agree that there are some hints of the Camaro rear end although GM denies this. As of now, it appears the best bang for your buck is the 2013 427 convertible. heck of a car and you are looking for performance nothing compares dollar for dollar other than the ZR1,

Old 03-29-2013, 10:34 PM

i'd like to see an entry model, $35-45k, 350hp or so, six cylinder corvette made... you know, for people who want the look without some of the speed, or maybe for someone who wants the lightness of the v6...

Old 03-30-2013, 01:13 AM

Vette, Camaro I'll pass. Would like to see a Sky type, size, price return.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by C6vette
"They say" soon there may be a more achievable base model that will start around $40k for an entry level. It may have 5.3 with about 400 hp.
I've also heard about this 5.3L base model. But it was a no show at the New York auto show this past week. But it only makes sense. GM would be out of their minds not to make a base model vette.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by 19bonestock88
i'd like to see an entry model, $35-45k, 350hp or so, six cylinder corvette made... you know, for people who want the look without some of the speed, or maybe for someone who wants the lightness of the v6...

Funny that you make the comment about the 6 cyl. I really don't think its as far away as some might assume. These days most automakers are making similar power with smaller engines and still reaping the benifits of better fuel economy. I have I feeling there will soon be a twin or bi-turbo version 6 cyl vette in the works. i would guess it to make between 300-400 hp while still maintaining around 25-30mpg! I think it a great idea!

Old 03-30-2013, 08:59 AM

Corvette spin off to it's own brand.........maybe maybe not, but cool things could be done including a SKY sized 4banger non turbo, turbo, twin turbo, evan a 6 while keeping the Corvette super car. Maybe something like the Callaway sport wagon if you will. Anyway look at the pictures.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...I&fr=yfp-t-900

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...00&fr2=piv-web

Last edited by RjION; 03-30-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on The 2014 Stingray Vette??