Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Pretty quiet out there!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator
Default Pretty quiet out there!

Hey! What’s going on, is anybody out there? My Saturn has been great, probably going to buy new wiper blades since the fall rains have begun. Still need to drop the headliner in my parts car and save the sunroof for my driver. I think I’ll change the roof harness since I swapped the lighted passenger side visor and the lighted mirror. After 200k miles the springs are pretty sagged out, the car hits the snubbers easily. Maybe some KYB struts and shorten the snubbers.
I look at this a couple times a day so if I can help just post away.
Andy
I should update my sig I’m @ 206500 and counting.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:03 PM

I'm still around, just not as active as I should be on here or any other forum... My Saturn has also been good, except I lost a wheel the other night so I had to do rotors and I still need to finish repairing my fender...

Old 10-03-2017, 04:33 PM

I have no Saturn, I have no money and I have no old cars to work on. Just working on my house as I can and waiting for the insurance company to send me some money so I can fix what else needs to be fixed. I hope to have the sum beech up for sale come April of 2018. I despise living in Florida a little more every day that I'm here. I don't like the climate, as it's hot all year round, I don't like living in an old-farts community because I'm not one. I don't like walking into a store and not being able to speak the language and I REALLY don't like the fire ants and having to kill an occasional rattle snake on my property. Other than that, I just don't like not being in the real South anymore.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Still in Atlanta this week (unplanned). Ask me next week why I came here.
Every sweat gland on my body has been cleared out like a brake system flush n bleed.

P0455 on the 2004 Nissan Titan was stuck evap vent. Cleaned up spring that sticks and reinstalled. The vehicle was spraying oil at an alarming rate due to a seemingly bad seal between the oil cooler (right above the filter) and its mount. Found the lone attachment nut of the cooler to be loose. Tightened to torque spec. Leaks only a tiny bit now. New seal on hand when it lets loose if it does.
Oil sending unit replaced. Fun driving around with the oil light coming on, turning off, on, off, with oil pressure gauge pinned on high, with truck spewing oil. Was down to about 2 quarts out of 6 (V8) but survived somehow, no knocks, etc. DOn't know if Nissan uses timing chains or belts but I hear no chain noise so I assume belt.
This is truly a case of not having the right tools on hand. Not my house.
This kinda **** just pisses me off

Old 10-08-2017, 08:12 PM

Still here, just too busy dealing with repairs to the van and expanding the chicken run for the six new chicks and building a new coop for the 4 ducklings that joined us recently.
I did have to put new brake pads on the Saturn right before we went camping with the scouts Friday. I will never get tired of how quickly and with only two tools I can change the front brake pads on our SW2.
The transmission still acts funny but it's actually mellowed out a little and the car is totally dependable.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Good to hear. (both lifewise and Saturnwise