Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Some pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 06:58 AM
Default Some pics

Been through hell and back with both of my kids in the last few months. We thought Lillian was having seizures and spent 2 days in thd hospital...she has something called sandifers syndrome which has to do with acid reflux. Derik was sent for a sleep study and he has obstructive sleep apnea and asthma and his tonsils are extremely enlarged so in June he is having his tonsils and adenoids removed and we also found out hes had some fluid behind his ears no other doctor has seen which is causing hearing loss so he'll be getting tubes put in his ears at the same time. We're hopung with all that his speech will become normal and he wont get sick so easily anymore.

Other than that ive just been working and trying to keep up with life.

Attached Thumbnails Some pics-0426151525a.jpg   Some pics-0426151649.jpg   Some pics-20150216_170209.jpg   Some pics-photogrid_1425857167478.jpg   Some pics-fb_img_1429994644920.jpg  

Old 04-27-2015, 08:18 AM

Great looking family, Mandee. We'll put y'all on our prayer list. Just give it to God and let Him handle it for you.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Great to hear from you. Nice pictorial of the family. Just read up on Sandifers. Glad they diagnosed it early -- does NOT sound pleasant for a little one who is experiencing it.

Hopefully removal of the angry tonsils and the tubes will help your son sleep better so his immune system can fight better, and hear better and get fewer ear infections (assumption on my part), and clear up any side effects it is having on his speech. Hope the hearing loss isn't permanent at this point.

And for the record, once you hit 10 posts, you are a member of the family, period. No inactivity criteria. Do as you wish.

Good to know you n the family are intact and plowing forward through life.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:39 PM

Great looking family!

My sister has hearing issues and has had tubes several times and her adenoids are out. Think all that started when she was 4 (14 years ago).
She was basically deff for a few years.
It is definitely good you caught that early.

And the sleep apnea is no good either. Did they get him the breathing machine to wear at night?

Old 04-29-2015, 01:11 PM

Thanks Charlie...prayers are much appreciated.

Derf surprisingly he has never been diagnosed eith ear infections nor has he ever complained about his ears. And asfor the sandifers its absolutly terrifying to see your 3 month old completly blue and shaking.

Yea billy were hoping we caught ut in time...they said the nerve isnt affected so he shouldnt have any permanent hearing issues after the surgery. Were just glad we finally got tl see some good doctors. No he doesnt have a machine at night...i guess they dony classify it has severe enough apnea to get one. He stops breathing an average of 6x an hour...they allow children only 1x an hour and adults 5x an hour so hes slightly high. Im just glad its all getting done.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:12 PM

And thank you for the compliments...those 3 are my world.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

I've counted my wife stopping her breathing for 12 seconds...once.....usually it was just 7 or 8. They did a sleep study on her where I think anything over a 10 was considered apnea -- she scored in the 140's ---they stopped the study after 2 hours and spent the rest of the night having her try different mask types for a CPAP which she currently uses -- though not right now....

I would suggest every couple of months, spend two or three hours in his room after he's in deep sleep and see if it is staying the same or getting worse (# of times/hr). A lot cheaper than a sleep study and a lot more piece of mind for you.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:03 PM

They said after his tonsils and adenoids are taken out it should resolve his apnea. So fingers crossed

Old 04-30-2015, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Best solution of all!

Old 05-01-2015, 02:32 PM

HellooooooooooMandeeeeeeeeeee, nice to hear from you Girl. Bloody little ones will keep you hoping 24/7 or more like 28hrs a day eight days a week. I hope all the problems get taken care of with no extra bs added on top of it. Cool pictures of the family hope your happy and you should be proud.

Quick Reply: Some pics