Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Sold the SC1

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Default Sold the SC1

Hey Guys, Looks like I'll be leaving the forum. I sold the SC1 yesterday. Didn't really want to, but I've got medical bills piling up on the wife and the bill collectors are starting to harass us, so something had to go. I tried selling the Grand Caravan and Equinox, but nobody wants anything that's only getting 23 mpg. I listed the SC for $1,500 and the buyer offered $1,400. I took it and sent them on their way. I only paid $800 for it when I got it and had maybe another $200 in it, so I made a profit. I'll miss the mileage and talking with you guys, but since I no longer have a Saturn, I see no way I can contribute anymore. Not that I did all that much anyway. Maybe I'll luck out and find another one in the future that I want and like Arnold said, "I'll be back." Y'all take it easy and happy motoring!

Old 04-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Carry on. Best of luck to you in your travels.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:11 AM

No reason to leave Rube.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:36 AM

I agree ................ stick around the site Rube.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:33 PM

Okay guys, I'll stick around. I didn't have much opportunity to work on the Saturn as I really didn't have any problems out of it. Just doing routine maintenance on it was very easy and I really liked it. I'll buy another one in the future if I get the money and opportunity. I found it both economical and fun to drive. I've worked on a lot of different cars over the years, but mostly Mopars. So, if I can help anyone else with a problem that I see here, I'll happily pitch in my two cents. I appreciate it!

Old 04-07-2012, 10:15 PM

Ruby, enjoyed the chatting and bouncing around of ideas. The problem with owning a defunct brand it attrition well serve to delete the rolls of forums like this. I got my MOPARS and my AMC's and like you bills. I am not sure what or when is going to be sold next.
I only have the one Saturn, and I screwed up the paint job when I painted it. The years and the weather have not been kind to the cosmetics but the doggon thing still drives almost like new and makes me happy.
And one thing for sure, the brand is dead and I am not going to buy another. So if you are not here? It is to be expected and if you stay? It will be enjoyed. So beat off the bill collectors and find a way to enjoy things and if I get a chance to swing through Tennessee again, you are just north of a budd of mine off of route 40.
Later!
John

Old 04-08-2012, 08:35 AM

Thanks UnclJohn. I'm actually south of I-40, but none the less, if you swing back to Tennessee, let me know. As far as your Mopars or AMC's, you should check out Allpar. It's a great forum for Mopar and AMC owners. I've been a member there for years. I've always got a Mopar in my driveway.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:50 PM

times are tough, but you dont have to leave us, my friend got rid of his ranger and hes still on ranger forums.
You have had enough experience with your saturn to still be helpful, and you know most of the basics. and honestly, losing a reg would be bad lol

I wouldnt beable to part with my car lol

Old 04-08-2012, 10:18 PM

When you're as old as I am and have a mortgage, two kids at home and other bills to pay, you realize what's important and what isn't. I had my Grand Caravan and Equinox both listed and got no interest in either one of them. People don't want vehicles that only get 23mpg now, they want 30 or better, I guess. I'd have gladly parted with either one of them first.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:03 PM

Yea, I probably would faced with that.
Its a shame what happens to vehicles that dont get a certian gas mileage. Me and my buddies were cringing at some of the cars we've seen destroyed when cash for clunkers came out (Including a 2007 mustang gt - that car could have been resold - but they destroyed the engine) and others just sit on car lots.

I could care less about fuel economy. I get about 25 out of my saturn, mainly cause I beat it everywhere - but Im still perfectly fine with that. If I want fuel economy ill get a boring economy car

Quick Reply: Sold the SC1