Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Possible Goodbye to a Legend

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 06:18 AM
Default Possible Goodbye to a Legend

I thought the first time posting here after a while was going to be good news that I finally started work on my 1994 Saturn SL1.

I have HORRIBLE news! My Saturn that has survived so much is likely going to die because it was towed away and I won't have the money to recover it. It was towed because my brother and I don't have anyone to loan the money to get it out. Asked all my friends for a loan because I will have the money later in the month but none have the money, and by the time I get my money it will cost more than triple to get it out.

Would do almost anything to get my Saturn back!!!! It had so many memories in it! Just when everything was going great and I was going to start work on it soon.

I hope and pray this is not goodbye, the Saturn has so much more life in it! Was going to get a complete rebuild, but now I may never get to drive it ever again!!!

Old 12-01-2015, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear

1)Investigate getting one of those "get your money overnight" loans a few days before paying off the towing fee. They have insane interest rates that compound daily so you need to pay it off ASAP w your paycheck. Borrow slightly more than you need for unforeseen costs.

BE SURE YOU ARE PERMITTED TO PAY OFF THE LOAN EARLY WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY ALL THE INTEREST FIRST OR PAYING A PENALTY FOR EARLY PAYOFF.

I have ZERO experience with these. Just a suggestion. DO YOUR HOMEWORK or you WILL get burned.

2) Pawn shop--start pawning judiciously

3) Craigslist
-----Sell musical instruments.
-----Sell home theater / audio system
-----Sell/pawn jewelry/gold (jewelry store)

4) Keep adding to this list

Last edited by derf; 12-01-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by derf
Sorry to hear

1)Investigate getting one of those "get your money overnight" loans a few days before paying off the towing fee. They have insane interest rates that compound daily so you need to pay it off ASAP w your paycheck. Borrow slightly more than you need for unforeseen costs.

BE SURE YOU ARE PERMITTED TO PAY OFF THE LOAN EARLY WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY ALL THE INTEREST FIRST OR PAYING A PENALTY FOR EARLY PAYOFF.

I have ZERO experience with these. Just a suggestion. DO YOUR HOMEWORK or you WILL get burned.

2) Pawn shop--start pawning judiciously

3) Craigslist
-----Sell musical instruments.
-----Sell home theater / audio system
-----Sell/pawn jewelry/gold (jewelry store)

4) Keep adding to this list
I only have 3 things I can sell but if I can sell them all ASAP for near full value it would be enough to save my Saturn. Sad reality is, it never happens fast. They are charging $50 per day!

I don't care if I go in debt and have to sell the 3 things I need my Saturn back!!! Two items I can ship including a mint condition powerful tablet so that increases speed of sale, my big TV will take a while.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

you have more than 3 things to sell -- the question is

Will You?