Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Need A HUGE Favor

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 02:58 PM
Default Need A HUGE Favor

Okay Guys, I hate to make a public appeal, but I need some help with prayers. My wife has been in the hospital since Sunday evening in a "catatonic state of unknown origin". She was fine Saturday night when I went to bed before her and then when I got up Sunday and got ready for church, I couldn't wake her up. She stared some new medication last Wednesday and one of the side effects is insomnia, so I figured that she'd finally wound down and was getting some much needed sleep. My daughter and I went to church and when we got home, she was still asleep in the exact same spot we'd left her in. Called our pastor and he said take her to the ER. Called the pharmacist and she said take her to the ER, it's probably related to a drug interaction from the new one. Now, she won't wake up and I'm very worried. I have shot my budget for the month on gas, running back and forth every day for a 100 mile round trip. She's not responding to me or anyone else, but she fights like a wild cat when they try to put a feeding tube in her. They're going to turn off my phone any day now because I haven't and can't pay the bill, but I don't care. My son has a cell phone, and I can use it. I'm not asking for financial help from anyone. All I'm asking is for those of you who truly believe in Jesus as our Lord and Savior, to say a prayer for her healing soon. Her name is Reatha. Thanks in advance for those who participate. I REALLY appreciate it. Charlie aka Rubehayseed

Old 12-10-2015, 10:17 PM

You both are in my thoughts.

Old 12-11-2015, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

In my prayers, Charlie

Old 12-11-2015, 05:22 PM

Great news, Everyone. My beautiful wife is awake and alert! I prayed along with you guys and when I woke up this morning, I thanked God for letting her wake up and know me when I got to the hospital. When I got there, her eyes were closed, so I walked in, kissed her and stroked her cheek and asked her how she was feeling. She replied with, "I'm okay, but I'm a little cold". Praise God! She has no memory of how she got there or anything else and was shocked when I told her she'd been there for 5 days. She cried then laughed when I told her some of the things that had happened in those 5 days. She will be there another 5 days for rehab and physical therapy, but by golly, she's back! I want to thank my forum family for all of the prayers and well wishes. That's why I love it here. We're all one big family! I owe you guys a lifetime of gratitude.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Great news, Everyone. My beautiful wife is awake and alert! I prayed along with you guys and when I woke up this morning, I thanked God for letting her wake up and know me when I got to the hospital. When I got there, her eyes were closed, so I walked in, kissed her and stroked her cheek and asked her how she was feeling. She replied with, "I'm okay, but I'm a little cold". Praise God! She has no memory of how she got there or anything else and was shocked when I told her she'd been there for 5 days. She cried then laughed when I told her some of the things that had happened in those 5 days. She will be there another 5 days for rehab and physical therapy, but by golly, she's back! I want to thank my forum family for all of the prayers and well wishes. That's why I love it here. We're all one big family! I owe you guys a lifetime of gratitude.
Glad to hear she's back and normal and she doesn't remember it. I'm so happy for yall!

Old 12-12-2015, 05:02 PM

Thank you, Mandee. How are you and the kids doing?

Old 12-13-2015, 12:16 AM

Ruby
I'm riding along with you on those frantic or not so frantic round trips to the hospital and the frustration of not being able to do anything except care. Sorry about the bad news, glad for the good news and fingers crossed and a prayer sent out for the best of things.
John

Old 12-13-2015, 10:01 PM

Thanks, Unc. And the same goes from me to you and Val.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:58 PM

Aw, shucks. You don't owe me anything. Just get her home, give her a hug, and cook her favorite meal for her. I like to see people happy. Owe me that and we'll call it even!

Old 12-15-2015, 03:22 PM

Got her home a little while ago and she's relaxing on the sofa and visiting with our pup. She's been a little leery (pup) since momma's been gone so long. It's passing quickly and now momma is calling for me to get the dog off her! LOL

Quick Reply: Need A HUGE Favor