Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Killed a nice black tail buck tonight

Old 12-16-2017, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default Killed a nice black tail buck tonight

Unfortunately it was with my Saturn. So I guess my beautiful silver car will have a green rf fender for a while. It also readjusted my passenger side headlight! I am leaving for Arizona in the morning in the Lincoln so I will tear into this car on Christmas weekend when I return. It happens so fast here that I hit the brakes after I hit the deer. Like I tell people I have killed more deer with cars than with my gun and I hunt quite successfully during black powder season.

Old 12-17-2017, 06:37 AM

Did you at least get to keep the deer and harvest the meat, Andy? I hate to hear that good venison goes to waste. Thankfully, you're okay and can repair the car.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately no I did not bring him home. I had worked a long day already and we got up at 6 this morning. We drove for 12 hours most of it at 75 mph, we are in Tonopah Nevada tonight. 200 miles North of Vegas, tomorrow we go through Vegas, across Hoover Dam and into Arizona to my sister in laws house for a few days then home before Christmas.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:24 AM

I've never seen Hoover Dam in person, but have a cousin who worked out there for a little while. He took some really cool photos and said you really have to see it to appreciate what an engineering marvel it really is. The new bridge should save you some time on your trip. You guys be careful and enjoy the drive.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

I was excited the first time I took the new bridge but they put tall sides on the bridge to block the wind, you can’t see the dam. You can exit the freeway and still visit and the tour is great. Getting back on the road after breakfast.

Old 12-24-2017, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Back from Arizona, went tonight and bought a color correct parts car for $100. It is a 2000 l300 with a bad trans, the interior is toast but the body parts I need are in nice condition. I will run the engine 127k miles and qualify the trans before deciding what to keep. I have a good 3.0l automatic in my 2001 l300 parts car.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Old 12-25-2017, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

$100 parts car! Lots of good parts, abs and rear disc brakes!!!

Old 01-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Today was another Saturn day in the shop. Since I brought home another parts car it is time to get rid of the last parts car. I am out of parking, I have 35 acres but very little flat land. The new parts car is a rat on the inside but it runs quite well, it has a bad tranny but it has abs and a sunroof. The old parts car has a broken timing belt and a good tranny! I just dropped everything out the bottom, set it on the cherry picker, rolled it out of the way and lifted the body shell off. I want the steering column and the complete sunroof assy and the body can go away.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

I removed the pieces I wanted to keep and then filled the car with Metro and Subaru parts I no longer need or want. I set the body on 4 tires then picked it up by the window frames. This allows me to pick the car up and lower it onto my trailer easily.
My trailer has a raised rail around three sides so I filled the car before lowering it onto the trailer. Ready for the scrapyard, title in hand!

Old 01-09-2018, 07:46 AM

I hope you get a good chunk of change for it, Andy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Killed a nice black tail buck tonight