Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

I've been neglecting things lately

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 07:00 AM

The doctors pretty much say I am in recovery and to some extent have expressed a bit of surprise over the speed of it. As pretty much so have I. It has not been easy in many ways. I really was hurt pretty bad as I have been slowly informed. I had a second heart attack in the hospital and that one was more serious than the one that put me there. And my wife was told that I had died due to that one. I was not made aware of the particulars until some 3 weeks or so after the fact. I remember it starting and hurting like hell and people scurrying around saying don't worry about it every thing will be o.k. and my last memory was they were lying to me. And about 36 hours or so I woke up and was told the operation was a success. It took me another day to realize that I had an operation.
The short of it all, is that one was spooky as it not only impacted the health of my body but screwed with my mind. And I was not really aware of how bad it impacted me, until things started getting better.
I am not in full recovery at the moment but I am doing about 90% of all the things I could do before it all took place.
Thanks for asking, the concern is appreciated, slowly things are working out with some residual damage that is being looked after at the moment.
It has been often reported that people who have had a near death situation in their lives similar I guess to the one I had have seen some form of light at the end of the tunnel.
Not me, saw and remembered nothing.
When I finally realized I had a quadruple bypass, it looked like I was recovering from a knife fight.
I am sort of back working in the garage now trying to get the rest of the interior into my Hornet which is what I was doing when the heart attack hit me and get it ready for paint.
My Saturn is on my next to paint list too. I sure through ignorance screwed up the last repaint, It sure looked good when it was done and looks like I never touched it now. I guess errors are what you learn from and the way I make them I should be smarter than a whip right now.
Later!!!

Old 10-23-2013, 07:40 AM

Good to hear you're up and active, Unc. I was "supposed" to have died back in 04 due to a LOT of complications after my first brain surgery. Wife had seven different neurosurgeons tell her that. Prayer and God are the only reasons I didn't die. I saw my dead father, father-in-law and other relatives that have been gone a long time. I felt an overwhelming warmth and love like I've never felt before. I know it was Jesus. I wanted to stay where I was with all of them and was told that it was not my time to be there, as I had things to do here. So, I woke up extremely agitated (according to my wife), but I slowly recovered. I have a six month long piece of my life that I have no recollection of ever having lived. I've been told that it's a good thing I don't remember any of it, because I was very mean and violent from time to time. Only God healed me and has made me a better, kinder and more accepting person. I know this beyond a shadow of a doubt. I think He has a job for me, but I don't know what it is. YET So, take nothing for granted and be thankful for every day you spend above ground. Tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us.