Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

It's been a good day to enjoy a hobby!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Default It's been a good day to enjoy a hobby!

My Saturn has been a good car, it ran out it's useful life along time ago. Refurbishing it was a bit of fun and the end result is almost like new and cheaper than buying something new.
Today it is 105. I didn't need my new T&C for anything so jumping into the Saturn, polished BlackGold paint and alumninum wheels, roll back the sun roof, turn on the A/C, find my favorite conuntry music station. Pick up a Starbucks and flop the back seat down for storage room. It don't over heat, the sport setting on the Automatic makes it fun to drive. Gas mileage is in the low 30s so cheap to run it is a car that keeps on pleasing which is all you can ask. One of these days I will probably wear it out again and it will be gone. But untill then, well, I dunno.
I personally think some one in GM marketing is still trying to find their head with both hands.
I had a Caddy dealer ask if I wanted a 4 door coupe! I guess that equates to GMC building Turnip Trucks. For an outfit that at one time represented 5% of the GNP of the united states, since they have been taken over by economists rather than car guys, they now reflect the major statistic for unemployment.
Too Bad!
Their Bad.
I'm going to enjoy my car.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Hey unc.....I have a spoiler from a 97 SC2 (black gold) that is in bad need of repainting. You up for the task? I'll ship it by camel to ensure the transporter remains hydrated throughout the trip

Old 06-19-2010, 08:18 AM

Derf
I have some paint left over from re-painting which is probably enough to paint a spoiler with
But
isn't there always a but?
When I bought this paint instead of being black with Gold specks in it, the paint also has Magenta (Red) and a blue speck too. It was supposed to be a factory color
but
There is goes again, my car is a 94. The paint code on the car says Black Gold,
But (again)
The paint chart says 95 is the first year
So (different this time)
When I found that it was not exactly the same, being as I was doing a full repaint good for me. I liked what I bought better.
I guess I don't know just exactly what the Black Gold paint for 97 looks like and whether I can use what is left from the paint job or new paint has to be found. I am sitting here half asleep so other than a base coat/clear coat system I don't remember the name of the paint formula and would have to look it up.
The short answer. Yup probably, the rest of it, the expense depends on materials having to purchase.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

i'm **** retentive and will seek the 97 code match

Thank you though