Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Impending storm

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator
Default Impending storm

Being a Jersey boy, this one ain't looking good...
Just finished clearing off all possible projectiles from my property.

I fully expect to lose power for I don't know how long as we are at the edge of a shaky part of the grid.

Our sump pump doesn't start till a day after the storm so maybe I will luck out with the basement

Several of our neighbors have portable generators --- I have petrol----teamwork......

Good luck Octavious and trike

Last edited by derf; 10-28-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Banned

To any and all of our members in harm's way of this storm --

May you be blessed with safety and security, and hopefully this storm will be less than expected. God Bless ...

Old 10-28-2012, 04:55 PM

If it goes the way they say, I think it is coming over my house. I have spent 2 days moving to higher ground. My house is on a creek that is low. In 2004 we had a really bad rain and all the dams up stream broke. The water poured in through the windows in the middle of the night. We had to be rescued by boat. We lost pretty much everything.

So I moved all I could and am saying my prayers. Blessings to all the others here who will get hit. Stay dry. We will probably lose electric, which also means computer so I will be back on when I can.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

powering down main pc for the duration.
might update by cell if the towers don't lose power too.

Fare thee well

See you on the other side

Old 10-29-2012, 06:44 PM

apperently the eye of the storm will be going directly over monmouth county from what ive been hearing. I got everything tied down and the gennys all filled up and I got extra. bring it sandy lolol.

I took a ride through long branch, oceanport, and attempted to enter monmouth beach.
You see, my brother recently picked up an 88 Toyota 4WD 5-spd Pickup, which Ive been helping him turn it into an offroad machine. Its got the 22-RE, a 4 cyl fuel injected monster. The truck has a 4.11 rear and has 33x8 tires on and it will get up to 50 with no problem. He has installed a snorkel and stack to it, and theres a 4" Lift in the rear (not up front yet, unfortunately) so I was going through about 2' of water at times. It was a mess. But I digress :P

Were just praying that no trees come down that would be the worst. I got the saturn tucked away as close to the house as i could so hopefully it wont get damaged. Dads truck is in the line of fire haha.
Please stay safe guys this should be a ****storm. As long as I have some sort of device ill stay in touch, weve lost power once today and now its surging hard.
Fun fun fun ugh

Old 10-30-2012, 08:47 AM

I've been looking at the devastation on the news this morning. I hope all of you guys survived the storm without too much damage and all is well with your families.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:47 PM

Im ok, weve lost power and will be out of it for awhile. Ive been scouting aboutg the towns and theres alot of trees down, alogt of wires down. I went into long branch in the f350 and had to climb up 3 ' of sand on the roads. insanity

Old 10-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Still here ( central jersey) no power since mon night. Small.tree came to.rest on back of my house but no.damage. Most of the rain bypassed us. Using neighbor's gen to.cool down the fridge once in a while. Cat is diabetic and need to keep insulin cold.

Wicked *** wind howling i do say.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:33 AM

Still among the living here. Power is back on. My generator was only big enough for the sump pump, the fridge and the freezer and a few lights. The fireplace kept us warm. Trees went down all over. One big one went over on my neighbors house. Except for a lot of wet stuff and mud we made it ok.

Glad to hear from the rest of you. Still be careful. There could be wires down or trees ready to go over.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:54 AM

Well Bob, if you've got a wood burning fireplace, with all the trees that are down, you should be able to have plenty of wood to stay warm until the power is restored. I'm glad to see you guys checking in and letting us know you're okay.

Quick Reply: Impending storm