Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Hurricane

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 06:52 AM

I am on a creek in a low spot in southern NJ. Next to me is my daughter and her family. In 04 we got 14 inches of rain in one day and all the nearby dams broke. Our houses went under water and everything we had. EXCEPT, my Saturn because my son was out in it at school, and my motorcycle because it had a flat and I had left it at my friends house. Everything else went for a swim, with no flood insurance. We started over. This time we had warning and spent 2 days moving everything to high ground. We had a mandatory evacuation order. But I came back in the night to see how high the water was. It got to about 10' from the house and stopped. The creek had risen about 7'. Lost the electric and the garden washed out but that was all. Then spent 2 days moving everything back.

Getting tired of this weather and the taxes. Thinking about AZ.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:39 AM

Here in AZ a cold snap has set in, they are predicting highs of 102. The creek is dry and remains that way until it rains in the mountains.
Then they have a
Stupid Motorest Law.
When people attempt to ford the dry creek after a mountain rain and the 4wheel drive truck washes down streem, they have to pay for the re-claimation of said truck all damages and a ticket and get featured looking stupid on a TV ad.