Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Hoo Boy as it been a long dry spell

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 05:17 AM

Yeah, I need to do the same thing...

Old 02-17-2015, 07:31 AM

Derf, I have not gotten things totally dialed in yet so I am still working in the dark on the new computer. Despite years of being a trouble shooter for computer controlled machines, the home use of them has remained more of an approach to using an appliance.
But I did get your notes and appreciated the phone car more than can be said.
Mike (my builder) is still trying to get the Mitchel's Professional data package working, it was super handy for this forum among other things. If it is lost for good? then it will be missed.
Now I have to get my e-mail going and find a calendar. At the moment don't see one,but I am sure something is here somewhere!

Old 02-17-2015, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

always glad to help.

Is he per chance using 64 bit XP in place of the original 32 bit version you more than likely had on it? I could see that possibly tripping up the Mitchell's SW. If he's loaded XP from your original disk, then it shouldn't be an issue.
64 bit operating systems are designed to recognize 32bit programs and let them run in 32 bit compatibility mode but I've seen cases where, especially with older programs, 32 bit compatibility mode just doesn't work due to the way the program's installer was written or the way the program itself is written.

Not trying to beat up on your guy --- just trying to leave no stone unturned as I know from our phone chat how important this is to you.

Last edited by derf; 02-17-2015 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:13 PM

John, welcome back man. You were missed for sure, we hope things are looking up your way. I never had a thought of banning Unc, did think of banning the rest of you bastards.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:02 PM

Hey Unc, glad you're back up and running. New computers (we will need to upgrade soon I think since we're still on XP) are challenging if you're not under 40. We're not.

In reading your post about carbs, I actually understood most of it - because DH mechaniced back in the day and has rebuilt plenty of them. We're on the lookout for a good 78 - 86 C10 or C15 reasonably priced, they're super easy for him to work on. I've been roped into helping on the one we had years ago. Not my thing, but what do you do when it's just the 2 of ya??

Good thoughts for Valerie and all that she's got ahead of her.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sw2cam
....did think of banning the rest of you bastards.
Now what kind of thing is that to say to your loving Saturnforum family?
By the way only some of us are bastards.

And leave Ginny and Mandee out of this. Ginny can rebuild carbs and Mandee can build a family from scratch.

Now as for he bastards............

Old 02-18-2015, 07:37 AM

Build a family from SCRATCH? I think you misspelled that word, derf. It does rhyme with it though. LMAO

Old 02-18-2015, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Dirty old man/Pervert. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez I guess I need to preview my posts more thoroughly with your gutterbrain in mind. No one's perfect.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:19 AM

Thanks for noticing, man. And it takes one to know one! LMAO

Old 02-20-2015, 01:10 AM

LOL!!! Y'all are a hoot! I've been working in an office for too long, I miss the banter of the shipping docks from my younger years. The sniping was awesome and kept the brain sharp.

I dread the thought of upgrading computers. I know most of our programs will probably not work since they were made for '98 or ME, and if we're really new it's XP. I told DH we'd keep this older one for his stuff that we don't need the internet to do so he can still have his toys. Then we'll have to decide if we want to go with Windows 8 or wait until the Next Big Thing. Whatever we get will be a desktop.

Hey Unc, I saw something I thought was cool the other day - monitor stickies! In accessories I think is where you can put sticky notes on your screen. Now I just gotta figure out how to DO it.

Quick Reply: Hoo Boy as it been a long dry spell