Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Great Poem

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

Well thanks for sticking it out a little while longer. Sounds like it can't get worse.

Don't worry, it can and does. Give it time.

When I was your age, I planned to off myself on my 50th. Didn't want to grow old, hurt, and still be depressed all the time.

Almost 5 yrs overdue.

Life has an interesting way of ruining long term plans. Makes you cross paths with people that can help you.

But you have to be committed to changing.

Once you get close to in your right mind, you'll realize that you have to meet your demons head on in the middle of the street. Whatever they are. Whatever is holding you back from being even somewhat not unhappy.

Until you meet it head on and wrestle it to the ground, you're not getting any closer to getting what you want and need in life.

Old 12-14-2021, 07:35 AM

Well, to this day if I run into someone that I actually went to high school with and my son, wife or daughter are with me, they'll ask how I know that person. When I tell them that I graduated with them, they're amazed, for the most part. They can't believe how much younger I look than 95% of my classmates. I tell them that's why they shouldn't smoke, drink or do drugs. LOL Seriously, most people tell me I don't look 65 years old. Most think I'm in my 50's.

Old 12-14-2021, 08:46 AM

Most of my friends were juicers back in the day. Did most of my drinking from 14-19. Was done by the time I was 21. I had other groups of friends that knew Mary Jane; but I couldn't afford to hang out with her and Jack Daniels at the same time; I had to choose. Don't miss those days honestly. Especially during this time of year; when we would go out in the woods by the freight line, and start a fire to keep warm whilst getting hammered. Or stumbling through Washington Square Park half hammered on my way back from the Limelight in NYC. Really risked my life back then as the heroine addicts would have off'd me for the $10 in my pocket.