Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Everybody okay, pretty quiet around here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 10:43 PM

I'm going to reply to everyone in a separate paragraph, just so I don't go off on my usual tangent. Yaaay long paragraphs.

LW300
I want my still sunny at 8pm back, 75° plz. Parts cars are fun, especially once your done with it you can do just about whatever you want. When I originally did the manual swap I found out how much of a beating all the panels can take on the s-cars just before I got rid of it.

Derf
I'm sorry to hear about your mother, I wish her well. However, with how meticulous you are in fixing things shes clearly in good hands. We used to call my sisters ex gimpy cause he was wrapped up like that and waddled like a penguin for weeks.
I hope all this goes better for your mother than it did my grandmother, quite a few years ago she had a rod put in her back, and early last year it had to be removed because of complications. They discovered a nasty infection and that the rod that was there is the wrong length. Infection keeps coming back, a few reworkings of the rod but she hasn't been the same since. Also, see if you have broken belts.

bones
Good to hear your back working after your surgery. I saw the pic of your car, atleast it didn't mess you up. Deer are basically moving, pooping walls. I feel you with logging on, I check every now and then, but my online presence across all forums I'm a member at has diminished greatly. What is your SO training to do? Anything cool lol? $300 is alot for fuel (think of all the parts you could buy ). Hell I get close to that much for my normal monthly commute in the diesel. The bronco is a different story (Thanks NJ ~roughly $20 extra a tank now)

Rube
Couple hours and some beer is an excellent way to save $500, especially if you already have the tools lol. Does the PT use that stupid setup chrysler put in the old 300s and lhs's (the one thats mounted in a funny area in the engine bay, like above and forward of the motor) Friend wants to throw parts at his 300m to make it run longer, I don't want to dig into the mysteries of chrysler hahahaha. Whats with all the surgeries? Duct tape fixes everything if you believe hard enough hahahaha jk, good luck with the surgery as well. Thats pretty advanced, must make the final result feel that much better. And then she can say shes built not bought lolol. Friend had a scoot like that, teased him so hard about it. See if you can get some big chrome rims for it hahaha.

Unc
Holy snap 75? Happy almost birthday. Now your officially old, but it sounds like you deserved to enjoy it 10 years ago, not now haha. And with the christmas tree dash, sometimes it's easier to pay the 'convenience fee' as I like to call it so its done quickly and right. With some of the people I know some things just arent worth the headache anymore to research and fix. Who needs a new car payment anyways, that ride is proven and owes you nothing. And Uber is basically a taxi you can hail with your smartphone, just about anyone can drive for them. Sister wants to do it, apperently its an easy way to make some extra cash. Only thing is they have car requirements.

janmar
I hope all goes like its supposed to. Check your fluids regularly and you should be able to baby it til you have more time to fiddle with it. Maybe, if you tell them what your going through family wise they may give you more time to pay, theres still good people somewhere in the world. Best of luck to you and your family, but you might not need it, seems like your going in the right direction.

Okay is that everyone? My turn!
Remember the job that I started earlier this year? Today was my last day, as I'm leaving for the company my brother works for. Its a great company, and most likely my final move jobwise. Better pay, less stress, slightly less dangerous, and I get to work with friends. Looking forward to it, I start monday!
I finally finished the bronco and was able to park the truck for the winter, Until I broke the bronco next week. It will be fixed this weekend, then I can start on my ever growing maintenance list for the diesel. So much to be done, so little time (I have until spring to do some big things, motor needs to be removed)
Otherwise, all has been well. Just riding the train we call life. Or maybe its a race car. Who knows, all I know is its been good. Its always good as long as I'm smilin'

Now, time to go reply do days/weeks old posts lol

And for your enjoyment, pictures of the beater in use. It looks pretty good, even the bad side. I need a name for it, still cant come up with one. Any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails Everybody okay, pretty quiet around here?-_mg_1348.jpg   Everybody okay, pretty quiet around here?-_mg_1327.jpg   Everybody okay, pretty quiet around here?-_mg_1363.jpg   Everybody okay, pretty quiet around here?-_mg_1333.jpg  

Last edited by Octavious; 11-18-2016 at 10:46 PM. Reason: you know, words
Old 11-19-2016, 02:42 AM

Thanks for the update! My wife is training to be a pharmacy tech, nothing too special... Her campus is almost eighty miles from home, one way... She logs over 600 miles a week, I'm just glad her Subaru gets almost 35mpg, lol... I'm looking to maybe get back into a Saturn with the proceeds from my Malibu being totaled(found out today), or maybe something diesel powered...

Old 11-19-2016, 07:45 AM

Octavious, maybe you could call the Ford Eggs Beater, depending on how it rides. Or maybe Cracker Jack since there's a few cracks in the bodywork. IDK.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by uncljohn
With my Malibu wrecked, I can't even go out and Uber for the extra cash...
Unquote
I've been hearing a bit about this lately, it seems it is an international company that frankly owes a ton of coin
How does it work?
How Uber works:

Both the rider and driver have an app on their phone
Rider uses app to request a ride
Driver is dispatched by the app to the riders location, with turn by turn navigation
Rider is picked up and taken to destination
Driver is paid electronically, through the app... Rider pays with their debit/credit card, Uber takes 25% off the top to cover the commercial insurance they carry on the driver, plus app development and profit... No cash transactions discourages robbery, right?

Then the cycle starts over again...

Over the course of a night(I try and drive for ten hours), I give 15-20 rides, sometimes more... Fares are determined by a "per mile", plus a "per minute", plus a base charge for letting them in the car... Rates can have a "surge", a multiplier based on demand, so on certain days and times, I can make upwards of $40/hr... I usually make $10-15 though...

At the end of the year, you get a 1099 form to use when filing taxes...

Old 11-20-2016, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

Oct.....call it PatchJack, since it's been pieced re back together and is high as the sky...