Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Dog In Peril

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 11:06 AM
Default Dog In Peril

Our dog is in deep trouble with severe pancreatitis. She'll be at the vets office for about a week. We need some help. My daughter started this go fund me thing. I appreciate any and all help. Sadie is a family member, NOT just a dog.
https://www.gofundme.com/3xckx8g

Old 06-16-2017, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator
Question HEY!!!! Someone in the Saturnforum family needs your help ASAP

Hey folks,

In case you missed the original post, Rube's pooch had a painful bout of pancreatitis and has been at the vet's for several days.

Along with a full recovery comes the full bill.

I have never met Charlie face-to-face.
That day might never come, although I look forward to it.

What I do know from what he posts and what he says on the phone is that he is a stand-up guy who would give you the shirt off his back if you were in desperate need---even if it was his last shirt.

Recent times have been financially rough for Charlie and family---even including Sadie, their dog.

The vet bill must be paid in full to get the dog home from the vet.
Every additional day spent at the vet just increases the total bill.
----------------
Please stop and think about what YOU have gained from knowing RubeHayseed through this forum.

If his advice, friendship, or camaraderie have helped you, please consider expressing your gratitude in the form of a donation to the following goFundme campaign to pay the vet bill and bring Sadie back home. It is legit. I have donated to the cause.

Sadie is a family member, not just a dog. Let's help get her home.

EVERY DOLLAR MATTERS

https://www.gofundme.com/3xckx8g
---------------
All of us are in different financial situations. I'm not trying to pressure anyone into donating -- I'm merely trying to raise awareness on the forum. Although our core saturnforum family has shrunk in the past year, others are stepping up to take their places. A family is a family. Dysfunctional and all.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:16 PM

Thanks for the support, derf. I certainly appreciate it. We picked Sadie up yesterday afternoon. I borrowed some money from our son so we could get her out. She's kind of puny and probably will be for a couple of weeks and is on a special diet of Blue Buffalo brand dog food (yikes) and this stuff ain't cheap. We're currently researching dog foods that are easily digestible for her and hope to find a cheaper, yet still healthy, alternative. I appreciate your support and contribution for Sadie. She says to woof you for it too. We're not supposed to let her get excited or play with her for two weeks. BUT, the vet wants us to take her for walks instead of just letting her out in the fenced in back yard. I took her for a walk this morning and what did we see? Two deer (doe and spike buck) and then one of our neighbors out with her nasty little ****zoo. Sadie wanted to chase the deer and go visit with Flash, but he's an aggressive little bastard, so I had to keep her away from all of that. So, from now on, she'll go out in the back yard when she lets us know she's go to go. We'll be okay, and Philip said not to worry about paying him back if I can't afford to. He's a great son. After all, he lives here rent free, so at 26, he kind of owes us! LOL Thank you again, derf, for your generous contribution. I hope you and Brenda are well and happy.