Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Count it down…

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 08:52 PM
Default Count it down…

Count it down from ten to one
faster than a firefly…
calling out to everyone,
are you dead or alive?
quicker than the curious,
and brighter than a meteor…
never knowing who to trust
can make me insecure…

let me clear my throat
let me catch my breath
let my heart bleed out,
’till there’s nothing left…

all lyrical quotes aside guys, how’s it been? I’ve been gone a *long* time…

Old 06-10-2022, 07:44 AM

Where in the hell did you go? We thought maybe a car had fallen on you and your skeleton was stuck under it! I now own the 97 SC2 that derf bought new. I saved his marriage by accepting his generous offer. I HOPE to be able to find the time to put a clutch in it before winter gets here in November! I won't title or insure it until I do the clutch. By then, he may decide he wants it back!

Old 06-10-2022, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Which clutch kit did you buy?

Old 06-10-2022, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Do remember that it is 100% drivable on the way it is. It just clunks when it goes into the final part of gear. There's no massive slip unless you floor it in 5th gear on a 45° incline while shifting.

I drove at 700 miles with no issue If you're not going to use it for a while put some stabil in the tank.

That thing has the original fuel pump.
I have a bunch of 97 only parts so to speak that don't fit the 95. Other things I took off and forgot to put back on like that air resonator thing. It's up on a shelf. I didn't know where the hell it went to. Now I do. I'll send you a care package

Sorry for the thread jack

Old 06-11-2022, 04:16 AM

I’ve gone from one toxic marriage to a similarly toxic relationship, lost my business, found myself homeless for a while, moved twice, landing in Kentucky in the end. Ended up hiring on at the Toyota vehicle plant in Georgetown and some time later escaped my toxic relationship. The engine failed in my Ion, and I built another to replace it with, though I added a non-Saturn to my fleet in the meantime as I had trouble getting around with no car, and was offered one at a screaming deal. I still struggle with depression but it’s more manageable than it was during the toxic relationship. It’s been a wild couple years to be sure

Old 06-11-2022, 07:37 AM

Dang, Bro. You've been through some rough stuff. Sounds like you've landed on your feet, so hang tough. As for toxic relationships, I've had a few of those. You just have to know when to walk away and that's what I did. My favorite uncle used to tell me "if it's got **** or tires, you're gonna have trouble with it". He was a wise man. LOL

Old 06-11-2022, 08:14 PM

I now have two project cars, my Saturn being designed the race car of the two (albeit one that you can efficiently drive from place to place), and the other car is a very notorious 1992 Honda Civic. I got it from another hypermiler and when it was first built it was basically the “end all be all” of highway mileage, capable of 90+mpg highway

www.aerocivic.com

Old 06-11-2022, 09:43 PM

I've only been here for a short time; so for what it's worth; welcome back

90mpg; that's friggin awesome. Especially with gas prices the way they are now. I hope to see more of those projects of yours.

Old 06-11-2022, 11:53 PM

My Saturn gets approximately 40mpg highway on its 16” 225 wide sticky tire setup, it got ~46-48mpg highway with the 15” smooth wheels and 205 width tires. I’m hoping to improve on that soon, but the main focus will probably be on making it faster/more responsive.

the AeroCivic came to me pretty beat up so it no longer gets the 90mpg, until I fix the distributor it actually only gets 52-55mpg highway. Before that failed it was getting in the realm of 75mpg highway. Still not 90 but good enough until I can fix it back up

Old 06-12-2022, 04:57 PM

That's cool. There is a member on grandmarq.net that hyper-miled his '97 Grand Marquis. He didn't calculate the MPGs; but how many miles he could get on a full tank of gas. I think he was plateau'ing 400 miles before he gave up on the project and moved on. Since the '92-'97 Crown Vics/Grand Marquis had that aero body style; he built a full length belly pan and filled in all the seams on the car to increase his MPGs; probably a lot more work than that; but that is what I remember. I love when people take a car or truck and make it better than it did when it came off the assembly line. Way back when I was in high school; the street racers would pop the stock Civic engine out and swap in an Acura 2.5L in its place. It was very difficult to beat those cars back then; unless you had similarly mod'd car yourself LOL