Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Asking a Favor

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Default Asking a Favor

Hey everyone, I'd like to ask all of my friends here for some prayers for my brother Joe. He's been a pipe fitter for 35 years and today he fell 4 floors on a construction site. He has two broken legs, a shattered pelvis, broken back and severe cranial damage. They've given him a 50/50 chance of survival. The next 48 to 72 hours will be critical. I'd appreciate all of the prayers from those of you who believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Thanks to all who contribute positive thoughts too!

Old 01-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

My prayers are with him

Old 01-05-2012, 11:01 PM

You got it!

Old 01-06-2012, 07:11 PM

I am praying here too.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Banned

At this stage, all any of can do is forward our heartfelt prayers and good wishes to you and him for a speedy and full recovery ...

Old 01-07-2012, 06:27 AM

Prayers have been made.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:44 AM

I want to thank you all for the prayers and healing thoughts. They repaired one leg yesterday which was broken in 3 places and finally got the bleeding stopped. I don't have a final tally on how much blood he lost, but as of 10:00 am yesterday, he'd been through 14 units. They're taking him back in today to repair his fractured pelvis and said it would be an 8 to 12 hour surgery. The brain swelling has gone down and he is responding to questions like wiggling his toes on either foot, so I'll take that as a good sign too. Apparently, if he has brain damage, it will be minimal. They're not going to to operate on the fractured vertebra in his neck as they said it's just a small nick. If it gives him problems later, it will only be about a one hour procedure to fix. So, all in all, Joe's doing remarkably well under the circumstances. I'll try to keep you guys updated from day to day, but if I miss one, I hope you'll understand. Once again, I appreciate all of the support.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:04 PM

Hey man, I hope your bro is doing a lot better. Sorry to hear about the accident.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:38 PM

Hey Guys, I'm sorry not to have updated Joe's condition, but I've had my hand full lately. My wife has been diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia which is also known as the suicide disease, and my 98 year old mother is in the hospital with bacterial pneumonia. I had a wheel cylinder blow out on my 99 Grand Caravan too. Between taking care of Mom, the wife and the van, I'm pretty well worn out. Joe is doing phenomenally well. There are no signs of brain damage and his leg and pelvis are healing faster than expected. He has had the trach tube removed and is starting to eat and drink normally and has started both speech therapy and physical therapy already. Who says God doesn't still work miracles? Not me, that's for sure. Thanks again for all the prayers as I'm sure that's the main reason he's still alive and kicking and doing so well.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

just read up on trigeminal neuralgia

nasty

my thoughts go out to your wife