Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

9/11

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator
Default 9/11

May all those whose lives have been irreparably altered on 9/11/2001 continue to live life looking forward, not over their shoulder. Though the pain runs deep, the happy memories remain.

May all those who pointlessly lost their lives on that day rest in peace and in their God's good graces.

May all of us be vigilant and cooperative, not hateful, as neighbors, acquaintances, and colleagues to ensure that a strong foothold by religious and other extremists is not established. Hating your neighbor solely over their religion is ignorant; hating your neighbor over their ACTIONS is entirely different.

If every Muslim in the world believed and followed in the footsteps of Al-Qaeda and ISIS, I'd be dead and so would you.

Rest In Peace

Old 09-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Wow...not one comment?

Old 09-12-2015, 07:29 AM

I agree with what you said, derf. Especially the part about hating your neighbors. I don't care what religion anyone is, just don't try to force it on me or change my beliefs. I can respect anyone that believes in a higher being. That's cool. Just don't try to tell me that Jesus was only a prophet, and that if I don't change my beliefs, that I'm doomed to go to hell. 9/11 was a very tragic day in our history, that opened our eyes to just how much we're hated by certain groups. As a country, we all came together and the crime rates across the USA dropped to the lowest they've ever been. It's just too bad that people here have become complacent here and gone back to their criminal activities and hating one another because of skin color or religious beliefs. I just don't get why people can't get along.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:00 AM

I am not going to speak my feelings on this topic publicly.
But I will say I am lucky my father is alive.
I grew up 20-25miles outside manhattan, and my dad was working a few streets over underground as he is an electrician.
Crazy.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:50 AM

Can't believe I missed this...

I can't fully express my opinion on a public forum, but:

I've done lots of light reading on religion over all the years, enough to interpret that they are all slightly different means to the same end... Most (of not all) religions contain wisdom gained through life experiences, and guidelines for leading a happy and healthy life... I tend to not focus so much on the particulars of one religion over another, and instead try to be a good person and believe that there is a higher being and there is an afterlife of some sort...

Old 09-14-2015, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Billy,

I'm glad your dad made it out alive. My neighbor's father was in in a nearby building and was one of the thousands running for their lives when the first tower fell and the dust, dirt, debris cloud were chasing them down the street.

I do not condone in any way the killing of others in the name of religion. Yet throughout history---from the Inquisition to **** Germany (technically cleansing of the race but sure killed many of one religion)---to the jihads of the present--we as a human race continue to find ways to justify killing in the name of religion.

I've always found it paradoxical that a supreme being would want us to destroy the very life that he/she/it has granted us the ability to create.

-------------

This was not intended to be a religious philosophy thread, and I don't plan to post to it anymore, as religion is a personal choice we need not discuss here. All we'll do is start to offend one another-not on purpose.

We've acknowledged the senseless killing of 9/11.

Let's let it be.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:18 PM

Derf I agree with you about people vs religion, actions etc. I have been to the middle east a few times and the muslims I met were not the extremists as people would portray. Your last sentence about says it all.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:22 PM

I really don't know what to say. I'm not a religious person. And I don't hold it against anyone who is. Because there are good people everywhere that believe different things, and there are also bad people that believe in those same things. I have yet to meet anyone who had a problem with me, or I having a problem with them. Because we all work to the same goal, and I work just as hard as the next person.

9/11 affected the whole world. And it should be everyone's goal to rid the world of those that want to ruin it for the rest of us. It's easy to pick out differences. It's more satisfying to find commonalities. Like the love of Saturns!