News, Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on SF happenings! Just take a look...

Gonna Be Absent A Few Days

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Default Gonna Be Absent A Few Days

Hey Guys, I will probably be absent for a few days. My oldest brother died yesterday while doing something he loved. He was fishing and apparently fell out of the boat. He never went under the water, so he didn't drown. People got him to the boat ramp and performed CPR on him until the paramedics arrived. They rushed him to the hospital, but he died in the ER. Not sure what happened and they'll have to do an autopsy to see what it was. I'm guessing heart attack or aneurysm, but I'm not a doctor. He was 74 years old. The hardest thing about this is I had to inform our 101 year old mother about his death. She's a tough little woman and even though she's upset, she has already accepted it. I'm still in shock. So, if y'all don't see me around for a few days, you'll know why.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:26 PM

Im so sorry for the loss
my regards to the family as well!

Old 07-18-2014, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

My thoughts go out to you and your family

Old 07-18-2014, 02:11 PM

Thanks guys. We're all upset right now because we just found out that the autopsy results could take up to six weeks to be done. I guess because my brother wasn't a "celebrity", that he's not important enough to be done quickly. We'll bury him this coming Monday and then just have to wait to find out why he died. It sucks, but there's nothing we can do to rush them.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:36 PM

That is ridiculous. That is something that needs to be done right away.
If you need anything, feel free to ask man. We're all here for yuh.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:16 PM

I appreciate it, Billy. The bottom line is he's dead and no matter when we find out what happened to him, he isn't coming back. My sister-in-law is doing better, but there's a lot of questions she keeps asking that nobody has answers to yet. She'll eventually be okay and I think she'll be going back to Atlanta with her son and his family. It will be a good distraction for her to be around her grand daughter.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:02 AM

Sorry Charlie

Old 07-21-2014, 02:33 PM

So sorry brother.....it's not easy to deal with. I've lost both my older and younger brother and three of my sisters....Thinking of you man.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:55 AM

Well, we laid Jerry to rest yesterday and two of my other brothers, me, my two nephews and Jerry's brother-in-law were pall bearers for him. One brother refused as he didn't think it's appropriate for brothers to do such a thing. He's always been a turd and is still holding a grudge against Jerrys wife for an incident that happened several years ago. He got pissed off at the rest of us for telling him to grow a pair, but that's on him. The rest of us are all at peace with it and we certainly appreciate all of your prayers and well wishes. They helped. Anyway, life goes on, so let me try to get back to seeing if I can help answer questions for my brothers on the Saturn forum.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:12 PM

So to hear Rube, hang in there man.

Quick Reply: Gonna Be Absent A Few Days