News, Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on SF happenings! Just take a look...

Almost the end of the end?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default Almost the end of the end?

What a pisser.

Never say never, but I cannot believe that, with all that GM could have done with Saturn, all the market share they began to gain and then lost due to ineptitude via stale products, that GM could POSSIBLY have taken such a great concept and executed it -- literally-- MURDERED it.

It was supposed to be all the things GM wasn't. At the beginning it was exactly that. That's why people flocked to it. The early cars were rough but they sorted most of that out.

GM couldn't let it work itself out -- and wouldn't allow the brand to do what was needed to sustain and grow.

Then they forced it right down a rathole with malconceived underpowered Astras and the ever popular Relay -- some kind of Chevy Astrovan clone from the 80's -- all 14 that sold were last seen on their way to Utah....

How did we get from "we're still here" to "don't let the locking door hit you in the ***"?

And what the hell is Renault Nissan doing vetoing the deal the day before the announcement? Is that supposed to be funny? Ironic? Or is it a ploy to get more concessions out of Penske and indirectly out of GM?

I believe that someone will save Saturn.

It cannot end like this.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:07 PM

Well Said! This truly cannot be the end of Saturn. There is still so much potential to this brand it saddens me that wealthy patrons of this country that have the ability to save this company do not come together to keep a true American product alive. I guess they would rather support German and Japanese economies and keep are hard working natives on a unemployment check...........................

Old 10-05-2009, 07:42 PM

so whats gonna happen to our cars if we need parts and junk? how will we get them

Old 10-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

cannibalism, eventually

Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 AM

Not to whine, but I really can't stand the idea of having to purchase another brand when it is time for a new car. We are on our second Saturn (2008 vue, 1999 SC2) in 10 years. No we don't buy a new car every other year and are not big time spenders, but Saturn has always taken good care of us and treated us with respect at all times. We didn't receive that at dealerships prior.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:11 PM

Ok ............... don't whine and we'll not offer you cheeeeeese.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Cheese, Grommet!

Old 10-23-2009, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by williamsbl
Not to whine, but I really can't stand the idea of having to purchase another brand when it is time for a new car. We are on our second Saturn (2008 vue, 1999 SC2) in 10 years. No we don't buy a new car every other year and are not big time spenders, but Saturn has always taken good care of us and treated us with respect at all times. We didn't receive that at dealerships prior.

Thats funny, he came on here made one post whining about how he does not want to whine.

Cheese is in order.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Default I'm kind of glad the Penske deal fell though...

I would prefer to have the brand name die, then to have a French or Korean made thing using the name. It was an American made car & that's why I bought it. All the running gear is identical to the Chevy Malibu & the Pontiac G6. Can't fault GM for shedding both brands. They were competing against themselves.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:44 PM

Not to worry .............. Saturn is dead.

Quick Reply: Almost the end of the end?