New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Yup another Newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Default Yup another Newbie!

Hello all! Just bought my first Saturn thinking that "oh finding a transmission will be easy". Well obviously not the case seeing I bought a 2004 Vue! Bummer! I look forward to gaining some knowledge from the members here on the in's and out's of these Saturn Vue's and there "space age" transmissions that were obviously fielded before they were adequately tested by GM.

Old 03-03-2014, 02:16 PM

Dude, there are two 2003 model Vues in the Pull-A-Part yard in Nashville. One has been there since Dec. 29th and the other has been there since Feb. 20th. I don't know where in KY you are, but maybe it would be worth the trip for you if you're just across the state line. I'm 85 miles from there and get a LOT of my parts there.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:21 PM

Andy welcome to the forum.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:45 PM

Hey Andy,
Welcome to the forum!

Old 03-04-2014, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Dude, there are two 2003 model Vues in the Pull-A-Part yard in Nashville. One has been there since Dec. 29th and the other has been there since Feb. 20th. I don't know where in KY you are, but maybe it would be worth the trip for you if you're just across the state line. I'm 85 miles from there and get a LOT of my parts there.

Thanks. I go there on a regular basis. I live about 140 miles from there so I have to get a good sized list of parts for several vehicles to make the trip worth it. Have you actually looked at the fore mentioned Vue's? If so, are they 2wd auto or std? wrecked?

Old 03-04-2014, 08:24 AM

No, I haven't looked at them. I haven't been there in a couple of months as I don't really need anything for my SC or my Dodge Grand Caravan. And I don't do the cold very well either. As you well know, it's a crap shoot anytime you go. You can go to their website and check other locations. pullapart.com

Old 03-06-2014, 10:01 AM

Looks as though I will be going sometime between Saturday and Monday depending on what the wife has planned for the weekend. I have 6 vehicles to get parts for. Might even check back in the old car section which they don't list on their inventory.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:46 PM

Hey man, let me know if you're going to be there Saturday or Sunday and may be I can meet up with you and give you a hand if you need it. I love going there, but never have enough money to actually grab some of the stuff I'd like to get. I look for other people, but after getting screwed by a guy here, won't ever get anything for anyone else without getting paid up front first.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:57 PM

Wow what a drag. You would figure people would be more appreciative. I had a guy screw me the same way in Germany when I attended an auction on another Army Base for a 1st LT who could not make the auction and I put the money up front for the van he told me he wanted and I ended up getting stuck with it. I ended up selling it for a profit but it is just the principal. I transported it back 75 miles to base for him and everything. I guess we all have to learn!

Yeah, I will post if I end up going down there this weekend. PM me your phone number and that way I can call you, if that is alright with you.

Andy

Old 03-08-2014, 06:11 AM

Andy welcome to The Saturn Forum.......pictures we like pictures so add a few to this thread.

Quick Reply: Yup another Newbie!