New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

saturn!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Default saturn!

hello all, my name is kevin, i am a 20 year old college student from northern wi. I have owned my 1993 saturn sw2 for about 8 months now, I got it for a steal at the chevy dealership for 500bucks, its a good thing i new the dealer! so far I have only Had to do minor things, valve cover gasket and a lower balljoint and to a front wheel bearing. I have browsed the forum a few times before, But I decided to sign up because im probably really going to be browsing and posting alot in the next few days. I am doing a front sub-frame swap. I got in a fender bender with a tree a few months ago and my saturn survived... but just barely. The suspension itself actually had minor damage, slightly bent sway bar and tie-rod end, but the front subframe took the most of the damage, pretty bent up, so bad that the front tire was smashed up against the fender. After I trailered it home I hooked the rear of the car up to my mothers truck via a chain, and the drivers side of the car up to my old mini-van. I then hooked the front passanger side of the subframe (the damaged side) up to my sisters boyfriends jacked up pickup truck with a ***-along winch. after about an hour of wrenching the ***-along to a tension that started skidding my mothers 7000Lb truck along the gravel The frame was actually straight enough to allow a tire to fit inside the wheel well. and ive been driving it like that since, it eats up a tire about once every 3 weeks, and the damaged frame is now getting ready to snap, I would just buy another car, but i am a college student, and therefore pretty broke! haha. so Im buying two saturn parts cars for 600 dollars to swap the frame and suspension onto my saturn wagon. wish me luck!!

Old 10-02-2012, 09:12 PM

Welcome to the forum, and good luck.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 PM

Welcome to the forum indeed. It's nice to see a college student that's not afraid to get his hands dirty. You can make money off fellow students if you want to like I did when I was in college. I changed oil, rebuilt carburetors, changed brakes, fan belts, what ever the hell it took to make my party money. And I always had party money!

Old 10-02-2012, 10:55 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

welcome. subframemaster

Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Banned

Yes indeed - welcome to the Forum, Oh ambitious one .....

Old 10-07-2012, 05:35 PM

Welcome to the Saturn Forum.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:41 AM

Oof! That is going to be a lot of work. However, with tools that can get the job done it is doable. Good luck.