New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New2 Saturn

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 02:30 AM

[img]smileys/smiley8.gif[/img]Hello.We are proud owners of a 93' SL2.It has 49,000 on it.We've only had the car for 3 weeks,and already we are growing fond of the lil car.We've installed a major audio up grade,with much more to come.We have 1-12in.Rockford fosgate punch,punch 6.5,and a MA audio 1200 watt amp.A jvc head unit and mp4 player round out theaudio.The video end is held up by a 7in monitor(yet 2 be mounted.)I'm new to this motor,so i have no idea of it's limits.That'sthe reason why I'm here,to learn more.So,the engine mods will depend on the motor.It's an auto..so the trans. can only handle so much in stock form.By the winter plans...new tail lights(somehow)and tint,new head lights...maybe a hood...Hey..we aren't all rich..some gotta go step by step.Well,glad to be here..hope to learn more about this lil gas save'n wonder.[img]smileys/smiley8.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2007, 09:44 AM

welcome, and congrats. do you have any pics? btw no aftermarket tails availble for any s car, but you can tint them, or red them out. Headlights, its really easy to do a retro fit (hid Projectors) and they make some nice CF hoods.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:35 AM

Welcome to the Saturn Forum.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:36 PM

Headlights, its really easy to do a retro fit (hid Projectors)????[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]Explain this please.??See,I've been a chevy v-8 man,that was until she brought this lilsl2 home.So,I could always just go buy my part,now i gotta make it.I can,I'm just not sure how yet.So,any good custom tips are welcome..Oh,can I remove the taillight piece between the lights(the trunk piece)...i've seen some like that around.Do you just use regular auto tint for the rear lights?what %?35 or higher?Damn,I didn't realize I had so many questions...lol..I'm gonna leave it at those starter questions...Thanks forANY and ALL help!!

Old 09-18-2007, 09:36 AM

this really isnt the right section but i will answer those questions. (btw this would go under the exterior section) Anyways...the HID retrofit is harder then it sounds. For the basics...you need two projectors (TSX has been the favorite) The bulbs for those, and you need to remove your headlights take them apart and have at it, hidplanet is a good site to do your reading and research on. READ AS MUCH AS YOU CAN FOR YOUR HEADLIGHTS...it will save you alot of time.

Taillights are very simple. you would need to pick up either testors candy apple red, or VHT niteshades. To get the niteshades try ebay... or here.
There are alot of different ways to do them, most people wet sand the tails. But you need to prep them either way. And you just use lite coats depending on how dark you want them. i did my tails on my 97 (which i dont have anymore). You can see that here.
To remove the center panel there are roughly 6-8 nuts on the back side, and it will come right out. they are all 10mm. Any other questions, please post them in the right forum, or PM me and i can get you some more information.