New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

new person

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 09:38 PM

Hi! Snow sucks! Anyway, my hubby and I have a 99 SL1 we bought 6 years ago used from a dealership. It's mostly my hubby's car and he's made some mods to it: competition-level stereo/subs/amps, rims, strut bar, springs, muffler, cold air intake, fog lights, and some custom paint to the dash and doors. It has 166,000 miles, mostly highway. My daily driver is an 86 celebrity I often refer to as "Trusty But Rusty" or "Tetanus Mobile." She's ugly and the body's rusty, but she runs well after 143,000 miles and almost 22 years. 2.5L 4 cyl. Mods? K&N filter, and a stereo that's nearly competition level and cost more than the car. For the cost of some people's monthly car payment, I've got a car that's lasted more than 2 years. Saturns run in the family. My mom has a 2002 SC2 (that's for sale by the way - see the private sales), and my mom-in-law has an L-series from their first model year, and previously owned an SL. For my regular life, I work with animals, and have plenty of my own. While I'm not a gear head, I seem to know about cars than the average female, probably due to my mechanic dad. I like classic cars, especially the mid-60s chevelles, impalas, & malibus (mmmm muscle cars). I've watched more than a few episodes of horsepower tv and monster jam, and enjoy car shows (can't wait til Iola). My general hobbies are fishing, reading & writing fiction, anime, video games, whatever else there's time for. I can and have taken care of almost any animal, but I struggle to keep plants alive. Go figure. K. More than enuf. Done babbling. Edited by: sw2cam

Old 12-29-2007, 09:28 PM

Hi Hello Welcome