New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New to forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Default New to forum

Hey,

Just bought a 2001 Saturn SC2 about a week ago and i am pleased with my purchase. I scooped it up from a friend of my uncles for about $3000 with only 96k on the odometer. It had some minor cosmetic fixer-upers like yellowed oxidized headlights, a broken fog light mount, and a broken arm rest on the drivers door. After about a 4days and $30 out of pocket i DIY'd the whole thing back to factory specs. Im currently in college and i kinda wanna make this my project car. Hopefully i can get some helpful tips and tricks from this forum and i look forward to the saturn communities response. As soon as i figure it out, i will be posting pics of my car.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:53 PM

Hello and welcome ........... you'll like this forum if your active.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:44 PM

Welcome to the forum, college man! Been there done that. LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time ago. I actually made money in college by working on other students cars. I did tune ups, oil changes and brake jobs for the most part. I did do an occasional starter or alternator and belt replacement too. Good luck with your Saturn. Sounds like you've got a pretty solid ride for the next four years. And like SW2Cam says, stay active. If you don't your account will be deleted by the powers that be.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Banned

Welcome to the Forum, and enjoy your ride ....

Old 08-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

welcome

monitor closely for oil consumption and change your oil religiously

Old 08-23-2012, 03:52 PM

Posting pictures is simple ... open a new post go to the bottom and read. Kinda like most forums on the internet, don't ya think?

Old 08-25-2012, 06:55 PM

Welcome to the Saturn forum.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:56 PM

I still don't see any pictures ......................

Old 08-28-2012, 09:41 AM

Ahhh sorry for the late responce guys. My computer was down for a while. Uploading them now

Old 08-28-2012, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Welcome to the forum, college man! Been there done that. LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time ago. I actually made money in college by working on other students cars. I did tune ups, oil changes and brake jobs for the most part. I did do an occasional starter or alternator and belt replacement too. Good luck with your Saturn. Sounds like you've got a pretty solid ride for the next four years. And like SW2Cam says, stay active. If you don't your account will be deleted by the powers that be.
You know thats not a bad idea to make some money on the side. Im pretty knowledgeable with cars and i have some friends that like what ive dont with my car (in terms of cosmetic restoration). I just might do that. My roomate wants me to do his headlights for him, and im sure there are others that will too.

Quick Reply: New to forum