New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Banned
Wink New

Hello from Colorado!

My name is Tristan, my daughter bought a 2000 SL a few weeks ago. It's a M/T 1.9L base model but is very pretty. Unfortunately does not run, I've been trying to work on it but it's been cold here so.. slow going. I'll post a picture of it later so ya'll can see it.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:14 PM

Was it running when she bought it? They're pretty simple cars to work on. Fill us in on the details and we'll try to help her get it out on the highway, where it belongs. That is, after you make the necessary repairs! Welcome to the forum.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:46 PM
Banned

Hey Rube, no it wasn't running. we thought it was the starter and only paid $400 for it so figured it was a good deal. I have a thread on here already with what's going on with it and a few things i have yet to try to get it running. I just haven't had time yet. hopefully this weekend.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:12 AM

Just keep in mind that you need the 4 basics for an engine to run. Air, spark, fuel, and compression. If any of them is missing, it ain't going to start. You can check all of these easily enough.