New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Nee Saturn owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 07:02 PM
Default New Saturn owner

Whats up guys/gals. Just purchased a 00 SL1 1.9 SOHC for a daily. While its bare bones basic its all i need it for being a commuter. My toy/fun car is a 06 CTS-V which is the total opposite of the saturn. Now for the saturn i wish the previous owner didnt drive it into the ground but i guess thats what they make tools for. Look forward to reading up and seeing what this 1.9 liters of sackless fury has to offer.

Name:  20151211_160142_zpscwqfghtv.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  355.4 KB

Name:  20151020_164858_zpsc7mqafl0.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  325.6 KB

Name:  Message_1443305134973_zpsngrqcjkd.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  290.1 KB

Last edited by BigShoes; 12-17-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:20 PM

Welcome to the forum. I'd love to find one of those for a reasonable price. The 1.9 SOHC is a good little engine. If you want something fast, I'll swap you an 03 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT with a 2.4 turbo for it. But, you'd have to bring it to FL for an even swap. I like the SOHC as it doesn't burn oil like the DOHC. It doesn't have the same performance, but it's solid and gets very good mileage. Just some basic maintenance and they'll go 300,000 miles.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:31 PM

I didnt want fast/sporty or anything else like that when i was looking for this car. In the past my dailys were modded when they were suppose to be just a get around town cars. Cant mod 2 cars and not have the boss be pissed off at ya.

Once i figure out this missfire, fix this hack job exhaust and go threw the front end itll be the gas saver i need with driving 6/700 miles a week for work. 20 bucks to fill the tank from empty was a sight i havent seen since i was in HS over a decade ago.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

welcome.

Please start a new thread in the s series sedan section and post the Pxxxx code for the misfire.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:00 AM

There isnt a code right now on the scan tool for ut. Just for the o2 being faulty. Had the P0341 i think code before for the false cam position sensor. Changed plugs and wires and code hasnt come back but has a miss somewhere. Feels like a dead spot in a older carburated car. Gonna be swapping a new coil in and seeing if that changes anything.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by BigShoes
Whats up guys/gals. Just purchased a 00 SL1 1.9 SOHC for a daily. While its bare bones basic its all i need it for being a commuter. My toy/fun car is a 06 CTS-V which is the total opposite of the saturn. Now for the saturn i wish the previous owner didnt drive it into the ground but i guess thats what they make tools for. Look forward to reading up and seeing what this 1.9 liters of sackless fury has to offer.

Welcome!

You had me at cts-v. What's done to that??!!

Old 12-20-2015, 07:21 AM

Just make sure you keep an eye on your oil level. The SOHC isn't as bad as the DOHC about burning it, but you still need to check it weekly.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by goaliemo
Welcome!

You had me at cts-v. What's done to that??!!
Nothing major yet. Undecided on what route i want to go with it. Usually i take things way to far and ruin drivability which leads to me getting rid of it. Right now its got a K&N intake (which does nothing for power) and a B&B resonated Catback. Its a LS2 (6.0) T56 car with as of today 84k on it. Has had all the problem areas addressed like the diff bushings, motors mounts and every other mount has been swapped to poly. I have a set of Kooks 1 7/8ths Long tube headers to put on for spring though.

What id like to do to it is throw a decent sized cam in it and have the intake ported. Goal is 400rwhp which should be achieved.

Old 12-27-2015, 07:40 PM

Welcome!
Nice CTS-V. My sister has an 05 and it is a blast to drive. same color too! although it looks like you clean yours alot more than she does hahaha

Old 12-28-2015, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by BigShoes
Nothing major yet. Undecided on what route i want to go with it. Usually i take things way to far and ruin drivability which leads to me getting rid of it. Right now its got a K&N intake (which does nothing for power) and a B&B resonated Catback. Its a LS2 (6.0) T56 car with as of today 84k on it. Has had all the problem areas addressed like the diff bushings, motors mounts and every other mount has been swapped to poly. I have a set of Kooks 1 7/8ths Long tube headers to put on for spring though.

What id like to do to it is throw a decent sized cam in it and have the intake ported. Goal is 400rwhp which should be achieved.

Pshh, one of my dream cars.

I cant get traction in my redline to save my life (when it runs)

I bet that ls2 would love some boost. I have seen video's with people adding a decent snail to them. GEEEEZ!
Post a sound clip of the exhaust if you can, I would love to hear it. K&Ns sound good, but you are right, intakes don't do anything for performance unless you start getting into the higher horse power club.

So jealous right now...

Quick Reply: Nee Saturn owner