New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

n00b in an Astra!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Talking n00b in an Astra!

Well hello everyone - I'm extremely excited to say I am the new, proud owner of a 2008 Astra XR 3dr in Salsa Red and no pickin' on me here, I picked an automatic for a reason
I've been an owner of a Focus ZX3 for 7 years. Started w/ a 2k2 just traded my 2k3 2.3 PZEV and both were Manuals.
I loved them, they were a huge part of my life and I used to be the leader of the NE division of a couple forums and admin to another dedicated to the Focus. I'm still a fan, but of any Focus pretty much built before 2005.

So I know little to nothing about this car I have other than how amazed i am with the fit and finish - absolutely the best quality I've experienced in an 'entry level' compact car. Fantastic! You can absolutely tell the European's had their hands in this one!
It's a smooth ride, it's a quiet ride and omg the options and gadgets!

I have questions...and they will continue to pour in, but right now I'm at work on a break so don't have a load of time.
1) someone told me the oil filters for this car isn't yet avail other than at the dealer? Is this true? If not, where can I look. *I'm partial to Amsoil products and will be changing out asap.
2) Where can I find a CAI for this girl *her name is Lisa after my Onstar rep - this car is def a girl.
3) is there any way to modify the speaker system in this car? hate to say it but my focus came w/ an amp and a sub stock...I only have the 1 disk player, but the speakers are not powerful enough and really sound tinny and overdriven.

Thanks all and I'll be back soon!

I'm sooo happy, but sad Saturn won't be doing more of these cars....ppl just do not know what they are missing.

Oh, just bought it on Friday 7/17/09 new from the dealer but it had 5k miles on it from the dealer using it and letting it go out on test drives, thats why I got it so cheap! lol

Old 07-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Banned

Welcome to the Forum .....

Old 07-19-2009, 04:03 PM

Welcome Astra Driver ........ post up some pictures and question in the Astra area, again welcome to the Saturn Forum.