New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

My Intro

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 06:38 PM
Default My Intro

Hello,

My name is Erick, and I recently purchased my 1995 Saturn SL2. (in my signature) I am happy to find a forum designated for Saturn owners; looking forward to discussing our cars.

Thanks.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:28 AM

welcome to the forum man!!!

Old 05-30-2014, 06:29 AM

Welcome to the forum, Erick. You can find a lot of help and information here if you're so inclined. Just ask your questions and stay active. Don't be one of the ones that get an answer that works and never gets back to us. That just pisses us off.

Last edited by Rubehayseed; 05-30-2014 at 06:32 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:41 AM

Good morning Eric
Welcome to the forum.
The Saturn you have purchased for what ever the reason can be a really nice purchase and quite satisfactory over time.
I have a 1994 Saturn SL2 that has been owned for a long time. It only has about 110 thousand miles on it but it is a favorite of mine. It runs well and I enjoy driving it. Thee is a wealth of Eclectic knowledge on this forum in terms of people involved that range from EX Saturn mechanics to back yard repairmen that do that kind of work as a hobby. And some with Saturn Favorites that range from the S car production to the last of the manufactured models.
I personally like the S car the best.
However S cars like anything have developed long term problems that need special attention to repair if the symptoms are there to be seen. And parts some times are insisted to be purchased from a dealer for a reason. And that is the aftermarket never really got some parts right and the manufacturing ceased before they were made available correctly.
Fortunately General Motors still supplies parts for the cars and most GM dealers can order them if asked so if a request for help comes up with see a dealer for parts there are certain parts that if you do not buy them from a dealer just will not work well, others? Well a lot of us have purchased parts over the years elsewhere too. So it does become a balancing act.
So have fun, stay active and become one of the Eclectic Group.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

welcome

Old 05-30-2014, 02:39 PM

Thank you for the welcome!

uncljohn, I may be messaging you for helpful hints on our SL2's.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:17 PM

Just post the stuff, here, Erick. We all like to hear what Unc has to say. He's a good dude and doesn't mind voicing his opinion and is quite helpful.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:38 PM

Welcome Goose, good to have you here.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:50 AM
JDC

Welcome. I'm not much of a mechanic (THAT an understatement if I've ever heard one !!) but I love my 1996 SW2 and have learned LOTS, just "listening",

Old 05-31-2014, 06:46 AM

Yup, post your stuff here. this forum has been around for a very long time and the people running it are quite knowledgeable. As Saturn's become collectable this forum should be around for a long time to come.

Quick Reply: My Intro