New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

I'm new...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Default I'm new...

I'm a owner of a 2002 4 door S series and know very little about the car and came here to find solutions to a unique issue. I had my visors recovered only to discover too late that for some reason that tri-angular part that sticks into the headliners has a piece broken off. They don't sell that piece separate (probably because it's part of that metal rod that goes through the visor) and tried crazy clue which was worthless. I'm looking for either a place that sells just that piece or a clue to mend it back together. Without knowing what kind of plastic it is, I'm reluctant to just try any after my first experience was less than workable. Since I've owned it I had to have the tranny rebuilt and it now runs fine. Spent $2400 and got a 2 year warranty but got the car for $1500 so I'm fine. I'll search the forums for my current issues (bent door plunger that doesn't allow the drivers side to recess enough & getting that annoying door ajar noise plus finding a way to secure both the glove and trunk. This is my youngest daughters car so I'll be the responsible one for maintaining it. That's about it- I know long winded intro but that's how I roll.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Banned

Welcome to the Forum ...

Old 05-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Default Thank You for the welcome!

As the subject shows thank you for the welcome.
Regards-

Old 05-12-2013, 01:29 PM

Welcome to the forum. I have some glue that I bought at a local hardware store that works great on everything I've used it on. It's called Q-Bond. It has three different ingredients in it. Depending on what you're wanting to glue, you have to mix two of them together. One setup is for plastics and the other is for metals. I used it to repair a leak on my dishwasher over a year ago and it's still perfect!

Old 05-12-2013, 03:41 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:51 PM

Hello and welcome to The Saturn Forum

Please take some time and add your first name, location and cars to your signature. Don't forget to fill out your profile.

Last edited by RjION; 05-12-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:25 AM

welcome to the forum!

Old 05-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Default Visor Repair

Thanks for taking the time to suggest a product. I appreciate it. I'll check that out- if you have any recommendations for release agents fire away. Based on the nature of the repair, that triangular piece that is recessed into the headliner has to be on the visor I believe while the repair sets up.

As I inserted the plastic piece of the visor that goes through the plastic piece the first time it fell apart. So, what I'm thinking of doing is applying a release agent to the visor pin and keeping it on the broken mounting plate while the repair hardens since I'm doubtful now that the piece will hold together after the repair if I insert the visor pin into the repair later. Hope this long winded post doesn't confuse.

Hopefully my signature will come through with the stats you've requested RjION, and thanks again for the welcome sw2cam and Krazy Dan

Regards-
Arnold

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Welcome to the forum. I have some glue that I bought at a local hardware store that works great on everything I've used it on. It's called Q-Bond. It has three different ingredients in it. Depending on what you're wanting to glue, you have to mix two of them together. One setup is for plastics and the other is for metals. I used it to repair a leak on my dishwasher over a year ago and it's still perfect!

Last edited by surf1div1; 05-13-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:15 AM

I have no clue as to what to recommend as a release agent. And the Q-Bond only takes a few seconds to set. I think 15 or so. I'll look for mine and get back to you on that.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:17 PM

Welcome Arnold, you'll find this to be nice site if you use it.