New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

I r nu 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Default I r nu 2

A "Hi There" from Williamsport, PA, The Home Of Little League Baseball, and me. We have a 2003 LW Saturn Wagon, V6 3.0 liter engine, automatic transmission, alloy wheels, everything power. It has a combo radio/CD/cassette player. Just right.
We lived in Maine when the Saturns first came out and arrived in Maine- 1991. We were looking for a new car, went down to the Toyota lot which was crammed full of cars. I suggested going over to the new Saturn place to look over what they had. I've always liked to try something new and did that with a 1976 Mazda Cosmo w/ a rotary engine, a Suzuki 1975 RE5 bike w/ a rotary engine, a Yamaha 750 w/ a counter-balance system. BTW, did you know rotors can be combined to any length as long as you have the crank for it? Corvette built a prototype w/ 4 rotors!
Anyway, when we got over to the Saturn lot there was hardly a car in the place! The salesman told us they could not keep them. He said when a truck would come in with new ones, they would actually run out, climb up on the truck and put their business card on the one they wanted! We bought the only white one there, an SL1. That thing got over 41 mpg! Everywhere we went people gathered around it, staring at it, and asking all kinds of questions about it.
We bought a 1992 SL2 next, a 1998 (I forget the model), a 2006 Ion which we did not like after having it a while because the back seat was too cramped, so we got rid of it. Then we bought the 2003 LW that we have now.
Our daughter bought the 1991 from us and beat the stuffings out if it, but it kept on running like a top. She sure loved that car! When she traded it for her 2003 VUE, she actually had to have some time alone so she could go say "Good Bye" to the '91. How cute is that! She still has the VUE.
We've always had big cars. I just sold my favorite yesterday, a 1983 Lincoln Mark VI. The main reason was that my wife would not drive it. She got so spoiled driving Saturns she just would not crive a big car any more. .
There you are folks. Howdy to you all.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:14 PM

Welcome to the forum.

I appreciate you putting your name in your signature, but please add all your Saturns year and tranny types (like my signature) to help with future questions. It helps us from needing to stop and ask what year, what this, what that do to each generation being a tad different.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:31 PM

There you go, Sir. Hope I got it okay. :-)

Old 08-12-2015, 02:40 PM

Perfect! Thank you, sir!

Old 08-12-2015, 02:42 PM

Perfect!? WOW! Thank you! :-)

Old 08-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

at the risk of being a whiner, could you please tone down the color and the font size? I can't stare at it log enough to read it without it generating a migraine

Thx

Old 08-12-2015, 03:58 PM

Derf, I am too acquainted with migraines not to appreciate that comment. :-) I changed it to the color of dead grass. How's that? Thanks for the tip. I'll get it all ok sooner or later.
RK

Old 08-12-2015, 10:05 PM

Welcome to the forum, Ron-K. Derf is a great guy and he does indeed have some neurological issues. I have had two brain surgeries and am pretty much the resident dumb-***.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

"neurological issues"---yeah it stops there......

Thx -- much more amenable --- one last thing though:

Could you please add the engines for the Ion, L car, and Vue? it's one less thing for everyone to think about when trying to help you out....

And approx mileage on all of them? Also a useful predictor of the lifespan of certain parts.

Thanks!

Old 08-12-2015, 11:58 PM

ahh, motors and mileage. I knew I forgot something. Sorry bud.