Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/new-member-area-9/)
-   -   I am new to this forum. Hope you all can help me out! (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/new-member-area-9/i-am-new-forum-hope-you-all-can-help-me-out-11381/)

Wife's Saturn 07-03-2018 10:10 PM

I am new to this forum. Hope you all can help me out!

My wife's 2007 Saturn has run great for the entire 8 years she has owned it. We have maintained it to the letter!! Recently, however, she had problems with the a/c and it has been very hot where we live!! I pit a new ( junkyard new) compressor in it for her and it worked great till last weekend when it was really hot!!! I checked everything that said a/c including (my dumbass) pulled the a/c diodes. When I plugged one of them back in, it smoked and killed the engine! All The Electrical In The Car Still Works, but the engine won't crank and even if I jump the starter, it will crank but not start! Any ideas? Well A new disorder fix this problem or did I f*#k it up bad??

Wife's Saturn 07-03-2018 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Wife's Saturn (Post 60114)
My wife's 2007 Saturn has run great for the entire 8 years she has owned it. We have maintained it to the letter!! Recently, however, she had problems with the a/c and it has been very hot where we live!! I pit a new ( junkyard new) compressor in it for her and it worked great till last weekend when it was really hot!!! I checked everything that said a/c including (my dumbass) pulled the a/c diodes. When I plugged one of them back in, it smoked and killed the engine! All The Electrical In The Car Still Works, but the engine won't crank and even if I jump the starter, it will crank but not start! Any ideas? Well A new disorder fix this problem or did I f*#k it up bad??

Supposed To Say will a new diode fix this problem

Rubehayseed 07-04-2018 07:14 AM

I'm not sure if Saturn used an IOD fuse or not, but I'd try looking in the fuse box under the hood and check EVERY fuse to see if one is blown. I can't cay if replacing the diode will give the car the fix you're looking for or not. Go ahead and replace the bad diode and see what happens, but be sure to check that fuse box too.

derf 07-04-2018 08:40 AM

Umm, what model n mileage?

Wife's Saturn 07-04-2018 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by derf (Post 60117)
Umm, what model n mileage?

Its an Ion base model. Mileage is 96,500

derf 07-04-2018 10:14 AM

Thanks. Always like to know the basics.

Wife's Saturn 07-04-2018 10:18 AM

Yes, that is always helpful!! This thing has me scratching my head!!! I'm A Dodge guy myself, and have never seen an issue like this!!

Wife's Saturn 07-04-2018 10:23 AM

Do you know of this car has A fuseable link somewhere that may have blown? Could that be the problem if it does?

02 LW300 07-04-2018 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When The air conditioning diode on a 2002 L series in put in backwards, it should just blow a fuse. However in the real world when you connect 12 volts + to the 12 volt - problems can cascade back upstream.

02 LW300 07-04-2018 10:58 AM

Yes there is a fusible link in the system down by the starter.