New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Hello from Missouri!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 05:58 AM

I just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone!

I just bought my first Saturn last saturday, its a 2006 VUE Redline, 48k miles, Black.

So far I really like it, expecially the Honda engine and transmission. That was the deciding factor for me when I was looking for a used car to replace my old Pontiac.

I have some performance and quirky questions about it that I will post in another thread, just wanted to say hello!

Old 09-03-2008, 06:00 PM

Hello and welcome ........... my Son has the same rig, well his wife drives it.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:56 AM

Thanks! Has she had any problems with it so far? Anything I should keep an eye on? I am hoping the Honda Engine / Transmission helps extend the life of this car well past my old one. (Bonneville, 160k miles) I mantained it well but had so many problems that crashed on me at once. Put around 4k into it over the past 3 years and needed another 4k or so just to get the new set of problems fixed so I traded it in on the Saturn.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:50 PM

They have only had it in when a power window failed. My wife had a 2006 AWD and the wind noise was so bad that she could not stand it and traded for an ION-3 loaded with the 2.4L. She loves it.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:04 AM

I notice the wind noise, but it doesn''t bother me to much. Of course I usually always have the radio up anyhow, it was how I coped with all the rattles and problems with my old car so Its become a habit. [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

If you dont mind me asking, how many miles does your son have on his now?

Thanks

Old 09-05-2008, 07:22 PM

Man I have no idea ....