New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Car Color

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 12:33 AM

I have a 93 sc and was a big muscle car nut, but now I am a saturn fanatic.I have two colors on my car. The top ( roof ) is black and I found a swamped salvage with almost Perfect exterior with another color so I changed out all the panels. I sent the car to scrap and did not get the color code (#@!#@@! ) so I need some help. It almost looks like a blend between metallic rust and light burgundy. Is this a saturn color or am I up a creek without a paddle.

NewBlood to Saturn,

Greenhorn

Old 09-17-2006, 01:01 AM

I guess your not as smart as your usernames says. I think I have seen that IP address before.Edited by: sw2cam

Old 09-17-2006, 01:33 AM

Sw2cam,

Well I never claimed to be smart . As smart as you are you know that could mean well dressed or numerous other innuendo`s. I was asking about the color and the name comes from my Daughter who is a dancer.

Get some sleep sw2cam you sound grouchy

Old 09-17-2006, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

sounds like you mean either the illustrious light plum or the equally popular copper color of years long since past.

If I'm not mistaken, the color code is on a sticker on the inside of the trunk lid, no?

Not too many people dashed out to repaint early model Saturns back in the day -- dealer would tell you in a snap what the color code is.

Derf

Old 09-17-2006, 04:24 PM

Derf,

Thanks,I was under the impression it was in the glove box. Good info and well appreciated. I have totally torn apart two saturns and really enjoy it. They are cheap to work on and junk yard plentiful in my area in N.C. I can`t afford alot with two kids and everything that goes with them. I have a couple full size vehicles but can barely afford to drive them. My saturn has the 5 speed dual cam. Other than a little smoke at first it runs better than any car with over 250k and a few replacement parts.

Thanks for the feedback

Old 09-17-2006, 04:44 PM

But as long as you sent the car to the scrap you may no longer have the pressed board spare tire cover to locate the color code thats on it. The dealer can help witha color chart. I found the parts guys to be smarter then the average bear. Edited by: sw2cam