General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

What Brand ECTS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Default What Brand ECTS?

Hey Guys, I'm thinking about replacing the ECTS on my SC2 and was just wondering which brand you guys recommend from the GM dealer? I looked up parts online and found two Delphi and one AC/Delco brand. The Delphi both say they are OEM replacements, but I don't know what brand is in my car. It's idling a little on the high side and I want to take care of this before I forget about it and it gets cold! Right now the car is idling around 1000 rpm when it's cold. It doesn't drop much after it's warmed up, maybe to about 900 and I THINK it could be related to the ECTS. Y'all tell me if I'm wrong and I'll try something else. I'm going to clean the throttle body in a few minutes, but don't really expect much by doing that. It looked pretty clean a couple of weeks ago when I changed the trans fluid and filter. If any of you just have the part # from where you did this, please let me know what they are. That way, I can be sure the GM dealer I go to is Saturn friendly. Thanks

Last edited by Rubehayseed; 09-25-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:36 PM

That is where my sc2 idles at too. When my ects when bad my idle was between 1000 and 1200 and never changed when it warmed up.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:12 PM

Did you replace your ECTS, Paul? If so, what brand did you install and do you have the part# handy?

Old 09-25-2013, 10:36 PM

I replaced it I got mine from autozone for $15 part number su1131.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Order it from a chevy dealership. Then there is no guessing who they sourced it from.
But that's just me

Old 09-26-2013, 06:28 AM

I'll do that, Derf. I just wondered if anyone here had used a Delphi instead of the AC/Delco. Can't get a straight answer from anyone anymore! LOL

Old 09-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Banned

Just a personal comment here, I always go the extra mile, and obtain the AC/Delco part -- and check it before I leave the shop to make sure it has the metal tip rather than the resin covered tip (resin tips fail quickly)

Old 09-26-2013, 04:13 PM

Thank you very much, Mike. I certainly appreciate it. I'll go AC/Delco the next time I'm in Nashville.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:59 AM

This has been the source of debate for years. Kinda like Monroe strut mounts, and something other than factory plugs. Over the past 22 years or so it's been reported over and over by one person after another that they used these items and they did not hold up, did not work properly, or caused other things to fail. Others have used this that or another thing without a problem.

Me I'll stay away from items that I've read over and over to be a problem. I have used Monroe strut mounts and had a problem with three sets. I've used an autozone etcs and it did not read properly and caused more problems. I've never use either again.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:55 AM

All I can do is agree with sw on this one......... I hate buying things that may cause me problems. When I fix or replace something I don't want to do it again.

The nice thing about forums, and the bad thing about forums is the information you run across. If I read one person bitching about an item I put very little stock in it. If I hear the same bitching over and over by a number of different people on a number of different forums over a number of years I start to think there just might be something to it.

Last edited by RjION; 10-03-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Quick Reply: What Brand ECTS?