General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Saturn Service Experts in U.S.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 03:15 PM
Post Saturn Service Experts in U.S.

Is there a good resource list of mechanics (independent or otherwise) somewhere? -- A list of mechanics that have good experience with Saturns, in some of the major cities. I'm in Houston, and met a service rep back in 2014 in an individually-owned shop and that individual knew Saturn models very well. Unfortunately I lost contact with him, and I'm not totally comfortable with a GM mechanic who only know later model Chevys and GMCs.

Old 03-25-2019, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Your concerns are well warranted with respect to diagnosis and some of the quirks associated with these cars. Each model is known for some common general weak points that, when factored in by someone diagnosing your car, can make the difference between a $200 spot on repair vs a $900 parts-swapping goose chase.

I don't know of such a list but tracking down a former Saturn Tech who now works at another GM dealership or at an independent shop may be your best bet for hands-on diagnostics and work.
You'll likely have to do that by word of mouth.

Then there are the forums, like ours, and saturnfans.com ,which have the combined knowledge of former service techs, DIYers, shadetrees, and wanna-bes.
Use them to your advantage, even if you just search. Tons of info on Sattys out there.

What are you driving?