General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Interchangeable Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 09:22 AM

Where's your friend live in Tennessee? I'm actually only about two miles from the Tennessee River on Kentucky Lake. I'm on the North side of I-40.
============================
The mailing address is Linden, but out in the weeds with a Saturday Girl that delivers the mail on Saturday. A pretty little valley where the West side of it is almost with in a short walking distance from the river. If I could walk better than I can.
To get there a bunch of rural black top roads and a senic trip through the countryside. There is a county/state road that runs accross the river and a small gas station/resterant. I'd have to check a map to tell you exactly what the route number is.
Turns out I can find it after a two year time has passed and even found my way out in the morning fog caused by the river.
He got lucky when he found the area, he likes it and so do I.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:27 AM

Man, that's only about 40 miles from me. Let me know the next time you come visit. Maybe we can meet up and swap some lies. LOL I had a buddy in college that was from Linden. His name was Tom Phillips. Maybe your buddy knows him, depending on how long he's been in Perry County.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:11 AM

Not sure when I am going to get there again but it sure is a pretty state to live in. If you gotta live some where in this age of unemployment and sorry economy living there ain't all that bad. Although it gets colder there than I thought it did in the winter a few weeks around Christmas beats the run from October to June where I moved from and as much as I am enjoying living is the S.W. now, this daily triple digit temperature is beginning to wear on me off and on. Here it is 5AM and 89 degrees already.
Hang in, one of the only things that keep me going is this hobby and the ability to do it well. I am in the process of building myself a Mercury Marine Engine powered 1976 Hornet Sportabout with a 700R4 transmission. In about 20 min. I am going to a swap meet to look for a rear transmission mount. And then off to Church. I am getting ever closest to needing it shortly so I had better take my chances while I can. Have a good day.
Me!