General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Braided stainless brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:14 PM

Does anyone know where I can get some braided stainless steel brake hoses for a 1999 sc2 with an automatic and rear drum brakes? I only need the front lines. I've been searching Google for the past hour and I can find kits for the first generation S-cars, but I can't find anything that will fit a '99.

If anyone knows of another solution to my problem, I'm open to suggestions.

The left front brake hose is rubbing against something, and it's work through the plastic outer coating, the outer rubber part of the line, and whatever it's rubbing on is starting to wear through the braided nylon section of the brake hose. If it was my DD, I'd just throw another stock line on it and not care, but it's my wife's car, and she doesn't pay attention to what it tells her, until something on it completely fails. I really don't want to get a call around midnight saying that she rear-ended a car because her brakes failed.

I can't tell what the brake hose is rubbing against, since there's no rub marks on anything other than the brake hose. Based upon where the wear is on the hose itself, I think it's rubbing on the plastic shield on the side of the transmission, although I've never seen plastic cause wear like that. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:54 PM

Never mind, I found some.