General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

99 sc2 manual wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Default 99 sc2 manual wont start

I have shaved doors and i installed an alarm strictly for the unlock feature. The only thing i hooked up was the accessory wire from the alarm to the orange wire at the ignition switch so the alarm would know when the car was running. after doing this my car wont crank. it has power the battery is fine. I used a multimeter and tested the safety switch behind the clutch pedal its fine. i tested the ignition switch and all came out ok. even the yellow starter wire from the switch came to 12v when i turned the key to start.

Im about to head to autozone to get the mechanics starter button mentioned in another post but figured id post my situation. I've searched this forum for about an hour and read several fixes. The only thing i can think of is i somehow tripped the factory alarm which i do not have a remote for.

I have installed several alarms on this car over the years for various reasons as well as several stereo systems (i show this car) and never had this problem.

If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated. just wanted to mention the alarm on it now is just for the door unlock for my door popper. theres no kill switch hooked up. only the power and acc wire.

Thanks in advance

Old 02-10-2010, 01:49 PM

UPDATE:

From another post i found out that if you round the yellow/blue wire from the factory alarm it will bypass. My starter clicks, charging the batt now