General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

96SW automatic twin cam starter bolt

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 05:54 PM

Howdee

My question is -

My local tech just replaced the starter 2 mo.ago- it was a rebuilt and it fixed the problem - all was good until the other day -it won''t start. Battery is new- so it is not the problem

FiguredI got a bad starter but after watching a video on utube - the starter is secured with 2 13mm bolts- Then realized that I had found a 13mm bolt near my car - a few weeks ago

If the bolt came out - I have to assume the starter finally slipped off the back wall and quit working????

Help???

Old 02-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Banned

I guess the first thing to do, would be to get out and get under to see if the starter has managed to shake loose from the engine. If that is the case, my next stop would be the shop that did the work

Old 02-22-2009, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by OceanArcher
I guess the first thing to do, would be to get out and get under to see if the starter has managed to shake loose from the engine. If that is the case, my next stop would be the shop that did the work

That makes sense - except we''re in the middle of a huge rainstorm [which will last a week[img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]]

I am a disabled lady but might be able to get a neighbor to jack up the car to take a look- Yep... if it has shaken loose then that should be the problem [was about tobuy another starter which I cannot afford!]

Old 02-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Banned

Hopefully, whoever does slide under the car to check it out also has a good command of the language, so the repair shop gets a proper earfull with respect to poor workmanship (assuming that is the problem).

If your goodneighbor finds the starter properly installed and tight, the electrical wiring connections for the starter should be checked as well - no need to get under there more than absolutely necessary.