General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

95 sc2 kills

Old 07-25-2008, 05:49 PM

Hi, New member here. Great to be here and thanks for the help in advance. I have a 95 Sc2 with 148,000 auto that runs fine 99% of the time. Everything seems fine, it will start to run rough and stalls, put it in neutral and it will start immediately and run fine. It usually does this on deceleration, but sometimes at cruising speed (45to60). No consistency to when this happens, once a day then not for a few days. It has been doing this for over a year (kids car) No codes show, and the dealer couldn’t find anything. Someone suggested fuel pump. Any help would be great Thanks

Old 07-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Suspect your EGR valve is sticking (intermittently). As the miles rack up on the S car engines, so does the carbon buildup which is exacerbated by the oil burning.

Remove and clean EGR and the two ports it attaches to. Carb/Choke cleaner works pretty good. The pintle should move freely.

Derf

Old 07-27-2008, 10:42 AM

Thanks Derf, I removed the EGR and it did seem to stick at wide open. I cleaned it by spinning the pintle and it does not stick at all now. Still have to test it .Thanks again