General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

2002 LW200, passenger side speakers not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Default 2002 LW200, passenger side speakers not working

I have a 2002 Saturn LW200 Station Wagon, it had the normal Am/Fm CD player in it, I just bought it, seems like a nice little car. Never owned a Saturn before, so all of this is new to me. When I bought the car, none of the passenger side speakers worked, in either front, or rear door, so I figured it was in the radio, or amp, which is mounted on the back of the radio. So I bought a good used radio just like it, that I listened to it before it was taken out, it was good. I put it in my Saturn, and still no speakers on the passenger side. Where do I look to find this problem? Thanks.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Banned

The speaker wires are integral to a connector on the back of the radio -- it is unlikely that the connector is defective, but keep that thought in the back of your mind. The right front speaker is driven by a LT GRN / DK GRN wire pair, and the right rear speaker is driven by a LT BLU / DK BLU pair. Look for a connector near the front of the right side door with those four wires in it, and make sure it is properly connected.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:21 PM

Thanks, I took the glove box out, and pulled the kick panel on that side, but there is no connector there for just the door, there is a big multi connecter in the area, but the wires do not go to the door, this connector has 15 wires through it. I did wiggle, shake, and check wires while the radio was on, but no luck.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:57 AM

Thanks for the color codes, OceanArcher, yesterday I got a new speaker and wire, and checked both sides of that 15 wire connector, and then tapped into the wires actually going into the door, at the door, and had music, so evidently, either both front and rear doors have the speakers blown (not likely) or Saturn forgot to put speakers in the doors. At this point, I am guessing no speakers in the doors.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Banned

Glad you are on your way to 'surround sound' tunes ....

Old 07-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Or the previous owner took them out or blew them (the factory usually supplies all speakers...)

Old 08-02-2009, 11:41 AM

I have not taken the doors apart yet, but you can tell that nobody has been in them. This was a one owner car, previous/first owner is 60 years old, and told me he knew nothing about the lack of noise coming from the passenger side speakers, since he never turned the radio up more than a whisper. I will get in and take a look this week, do the do panels come off the normal way?

Old 08-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

ummmm define normal (??)

Old 08-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Banned

Hmmmm -- no offense to the previous owner, but you mentioned he was over age 60. Perhaps, because of reduced hearing, he never 'thought' he turned the radio above a whisper -- I've run across some people who could lead against a set of stage speakers at full blast, and have them comment on how sweet and soft the band was playing ....

Old 08-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Whaaaaaaaaaat?????

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh????

Quick Reply: 2002 LW200, passenger side speakers not working