General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

2001 saturn series l

Old 09-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Banned
Default 2001 saturn series l

i would like help with my car. when you push on the accelerator the car will only go 10 mpr. we changed the air flow sensor and it just made it worse. and it wont go over 2000 rpm. any help would be appreciated

Old 09-12-2014, 09:38 AM

We can't do anything to help you diagnosis your car unless you tell us what you're driving. Year, model and engine would get the ball rolling.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:54 PM

I own a Bright Blue with Gray "cloth" interior 2000 Saturn SW2 twin cam manual trans. The engine is a 1.9L dual overhead cam with 124hp, and 122 ft pounds of torque. It has cc, ps, pb, pw, pm, pdl, air, tilt, abs, am/fm/cd, alloy wheels, sunroof, foglamps, intermittent wipers, rear window defrost, front and rear swaybars, rear spoiler, armrest center console, 60/40 folding rear seats, cargo net, cargo tray, carpeted front and rear factory floor mats, remote liftgate, dual front airbags, front and rear side airbags, tachometer, and more.

I bought this SW2 (station wagon) new at Saturn of Tempe in Tempe Arizona near I-10 and Elliot rd from Denny L. Who had been working there for 8 years at that time.

I tinted the windows all around at 20% including a 9 inch 15% tint strip on the windshield by American Pro Tint in Tempe Az. He also installed a clearbra clear paint protection kit on the front of the car including the entire hood, headlights, foglights, entire bumper, a pillers, first thrid of the front fenders, the guys at the dealer installed the custom black and chrome emblems. They also installed a factory roof rack. Oh and I bought a set of 17" MB MeshX wheels at Discount Tire. I still have those wheels and they do not have a mark on them.

The car just clicked 40,000 miles. About 20k city, and 20k hiway. I get an average of 35.8 miles per gallon hwy @75 mph. She does 26.9 mpg city. I change the oil every 5k with 5-30 Mobil-1. Best gas mileage came in at 43.2 miles per gallon on a road trip. I just put on a new set of 205/45X17 Falkin Ziex ZE912 tires, and had a full four wheel alignment. All done by Discount Tire in Tempe. Before Saturn of Tempe soldout, closed down, became a different brand dealer I went in and bought a lot of spare's to have on hand for the future. I bought rotors, pads, shoes, air as well as oil filters, new engine and trans mounts. The top or Torque Axis mount I bought three. I bought a front and rear set of struts with mounts, a spare ignition made up w/two new keys, four power window regulars along with all sorts of odds and ends that may be needed for window operation, I got another full set of floor mats, ac compressor, belts, hoses, I have an extra clutch, pp, throwout bearing set, and more. I bought all these parts because I knew I would keep this car forever.

So anyway I have a problem that I can't seem to figure out. It started about 11 days ago. I have checked every single thing I can think of. Can any of you guys tell me what I should do next, where I should look, what the problem might be, how to fix it, how much it might cost, and where to buy what ever I need.

Old 09-12-2014, 03:03 PM

PS: I've had to replace one top mount so far if that means anything.