General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

2001 l300 a/c

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Default 2001 l300 a/c

I need help folks! My A/C unit blower works fine. However, it won't heat or cool. The A/C unit does not deliver heat or cold but the blower works fine, has anyone else ever had this problem?

Old 12-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Banned

OK -- the blower motor has it's own separate fuse (different from the rest of the HVAC system), so we don't need to worry about it.

Look on the Engine Compartment Fuse Box (ECFB) -- find the fuse marked HVAC (40A), and make sure it's good. Then go inside the car, to the Left Instrument Panel Fuse Box (LIPFB) -- and find the fuse marked IGN3 (10A), and make sure it's good.

Hopefully, that'll fix your problem, but if not, drop another note, and we will go further into this system ....

Old 12-28-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by OceanArcher
OK -- the blower motor has it's own separate fuse (different from the rest of the HVAC system), so we don't need to worry about it.

Look on the Engine Compartment Fuse Box (ECFB) -- find the fuse marked HVAC (40A), and make sure it's good. Then go inside the car, to the Left Instrument Panel Fuse Box (LIPFB) -- and find the fuse marked IGN3 (10A), and make sure it's good.

Hopefully, that'll fix your problem, but if not, drop another note, and we will go further into this system ....
Thank you OA. I check the fuse (ECFB) a long time ago and it was good however I did not know about the LIPFB fuse, I will check that this evening. You know my wife will kill me if it's just a fuse...the AC has been out for quite some time.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:34 PM

Man, where the heck do you live that you're worried about the a/c this time of year? LOL

Old 12-28-2011, 04:46 PM

The L series cars have damper/cable problems. Check the damper operating cable behind the kick panel (drivers right foot) while operating the hot/cold lever.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Man, where the heck do you live that you're worried about the a/c this time of year? LOL
Dude, I live in So. Cal. The car has no heat. It's cold in the mornings during winter.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:31 PM

Thanks again OA. I checked both fuses and both are good. The 40A fuse in the ECFB is actually the Blower/HVAC fuse. So same issue, I turn on the blower and switch the cold/heat back & forth and temp. doesn't change. The blower will blow out what ever the ambient temp. is.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by hoseppi
The L series cars have damper/cable problems. Check the damper operating cable behind the kick panel (drivers right foot) while operating the hot/cold lever.
Thank you HOSEPPI. I removed the kick panel at the driver's right foot side and there is nothing I can see that might be related to the hot/cold lever. When I turn the lever from hot to cold I can hear a plastic door closing sound but there is nothing visual.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Banned

OK -- I gotta ask you to do one thing, kindly take a picture of the HVAC panel in your car, and place it here on the thread. I'm suspecting a problem with the temperature control, but since there are two entirely different types of HVAC controls for that year, I gotta know which one you got. (slider arms, or rotary *****)

Old 12-31-2011, 09:55 AM

OK -- I gotta ask you to do one thing, kindly take a picture of the HVAC panel in your car, and place it here on the thread. I'm suspecting a problem with the temperature control, but since there are two entirely different types of HVAC controls for that year, I gotta know which one you got. (slider arms, or rotary *****)

The temp control is a rotary ****.

Quick Reply: 2001 l300 a/c