Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here...

Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Default Tuning

Is there any way to tune your Ecu if it is stock?

Old 02-23-2012, 04:35 PM

Check HP Tuners to see if they added a tune for your L-Car

http://www.hptuners.com/

http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

Last edited by sw2cam; 02-23-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 PM

That tuner is a great deal man thanx for the link

Old 04-11-2022, 02:40 AM

yes there is despite what youve been told and heres evidence its possible in this video you will see this guy tuning his turbo charged sc 2

Old 04-11-2022, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Yes I can see how he tuned the factory PCM.

Not.
That laptop between the seats controls all the STANDALONE equipment needed to control a tuned and turbocharged MODIFIED s car.

If that is even an LLO under the hood.

Has been done since the '90s, so not sure what your point is in posting.

If the original PCM had been tuned, no computer necessary.
End of story.

Please do not post misinformation or incomplete info on this or any other forum. You help no one.

Last edited by derf; 04-11-2022 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-14-2022, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by derf
Yes I can see how he tuned the factory PCM.

Not.
That laptop between the seats controls all the STANDALONE equipment needed to control a tuned and turbocharged MODIFIED s car.

If that is even an LLO under the hood.

Has been done since the '90s, so not sure what your point is in posting.

If the original PCM had been tuned, no computer necessary.
End of story.

Please do not post misinformation or incomplete info on this or any other forum. You help no one.
okay none of what ive said is misinformation, what i was implying is that anyone can tune a car with or without a computer people on this forum have been saying you cant which just isnt true, its been done since cars existed buddy secondly relax on your high horse beard neck, the guy in the video had tuner studios downloaded which he used to tune his car as he drives it also happens to have the ability to control all the standalone equipment as well as tune his car, I use the same application on my saturn sc 2 so...... it clearly does what i said it does lol and yeah you couldve just tuned your pcm but you want to tune your ecu as well so the ecu can effectively register compute and put out what is needed for your cars peak performance.
Sooooo yeahhh......Please do not post misinformation or incomplete info on this or any other forum. You help no one have a nice day neck beard ctfu

Last edited by trizzimac; 05-14-2022 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-14-2022, 01:15 PM

funniest guy ive encountered on here i swear, first i meet a bunch of you who think tuning a saturn is impossible than i meet this neck beard who thinks tuning only pcm is what you want, please if theres anyone reading this DONT!!! listen to this guy he clearly isnt a mechanic

Old 05-14-2022, 02:12 PM

Guess I'll get the popcorn going.

I'm an experienced dealer tech and have performance shop experience.

Old 05-15-2022, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

So:

You should read more posts. At least three.

Certain years of Saturn ions are quite tunable. No one here ever said all Saturns or not tunable as in modifying the PCM firmware.

You use the software on your own SC2 but you post a picture of some random dude's ride, not your own. What's with that? Please include a screenshot or six so that we can watch what you're doing.

You claim the laptop controls all the standalone equipment and tunes the PCM as you drive.

Hmmm. No. If you consider air fuel mix a real time tune, I guess we need to include throttle position too, along with instantaneous apparent oil viscosity,.

(Cough. Closedloop))

And input from the ECU gets added in too?

Last I checked, you flashed firmware onto an S Series PCM and that was that.

WAIT. You can't do that for this PCM without the factory programming tool and the modified PCM firmware in hand. Or the mask that allows you to access it.

What's the mask that allows you to communicate with the S car PCM?

I've never seen this addl ECM you speak of on any wiring diagram nor under the hood. The car has a single PCM, 3rd gens have a have a BCM to ensure that some random day, security will engage and stall the car while you're on the way to the hospital because you cut three of your fingers off trying to adjust the serpentine belt while it was moving even though the FSM you never purchased says not to.

So what year is your SC2? 5 spd , AT? Brakes?
VIN please so we can make sure the pictures you show us are the actual vehicle.
--------------
Apparently you need to work on terminology. The basic stuff. Like "tune."

No one said you could not make performance mods on an S car, so please stop misquoting the entire forim except for your own posts. People have been slapping turbos and mega squirt kits on these vehicles for 25 years. Those are called "performance modifications."

A "tune" alters the firmware stored in the PCM such that base operational characteristics of engine operation are modified.

Lol? What's so funny about posting BS? Seems kind of sad to me.

Your obfuscatory juxtapositions are exceptionally fundamentally flawed. Please refrain from redistribution or rebroadcast without the express written consent of.... Oh no one cares what you think......

And I sure hope that PC is running off the lighter socket. There's a bad long-term problem with that but I'm sure you already know because you're an S car master

I've been called a lot of things in this forum, but never a neckbeak.
​​​​​
Oh, yeah, what's that communication mask?

Last edited by derf; 05-15-2022 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-15-2022, 07:54 AM

Hell, I thought the PCM and ECU were different terms for the same thing! So, the PCM is for the engine AND transmission and the ECU is for the engine only, huh? I learn something new here all the time even when it's controversial. Keep it up, derf! You got him on the ropes.

Quick Reply: Tuning