Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here...

Short Throw Shifter?

Old 12-22-2011, 09:56 PM

Good News Guys!
The last post I mentioned village machining service, They are still making true saturn short throws (extended at the bottom) . The guy who makes them is a member of sixthsphere (vms150)
He said he will send me some big pictures soon.

he has bored throttle bodys as well, or if your adventurous, can bore a geo gsi tb if you supply it

http://www.villagemachiningservice.com/page04.html

Last edited by Octavious; 12-22-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Octavious
Good News Guys!
The last post I mentioned village machining service, They are still making true saturn short throws (extended at the bottom) . The guy who makes them is a member of sixthsphere (vms150)
He said he will send me some big pictures soon.

he has bored throttle bodys as well, or if your adventurous, can bore a geo gsi tb if you supply it

http://www.villagemachiningservice.com/page04.html
Thats awesome news. Now does he have or can he make one for an 08 Astra? I have my fingers crossed!!!

Old 12-24-2011, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by 08astraxr
Thats awesome news. Now does he have or can he make one for an 08 Astra? I have my fingers crossed!!!
You should ask - he may beable to do it if you send one in. His email is on the website.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Octavious
You should ask - he may beable to do it if you send one in. His email is on the website.
Sounds great. I'll check into it.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

not quite sure how you'd be able to change the bottom length of a an S car shifter significantly without playing with the all too well known shifter bushing and the popular and well worn shift cables.

These may not have been a big deal back in the day when cable sets were plentiful and no-one's shifter bushing gave out, but given the general rarity of a new OEM set of cables I'd be a bit leery of putting unintended stress on the ones I've got.

Looking forward to seeing the solution (seriously I am)

Old 12-27-2011, 08:51 PM

When I did my trans swap (since Ive read about cable problems before) I didnt want to chance the old ones or an aftermarket set so I went to my local "authorized saturn service center" and they had brand new shift cables in stock. Cost alot, but they were oem.

I plan on picking one up soon and Ill happily tell you how it goes.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:06 PM

So as soon as my taxes come back in I am getting the short throw shifter from Village Machining Service, also if you click the link for the email, it doesn't take me anywhere or do anything. Anyone else have that problem?

Old 01-29-2012, 11:41 PM

Maybe your computer, since it will try to open a default email program (if you dont have one it wont do anything, windows 7 dosent come with an email program standard last I checked)

Right click on the link, you should see an option 'copy email address' or something similar - go from there.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:38 AM

Okay thanks.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:47 AM

So I emailed VMS a few weeks back and got nothing, and I called yesterday and it seems that the number was disconnected so I am going to try to get ahold of him through sixthsphere.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Short Throw Shifter?