Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here...

Molded Sub Enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 12:44 AM

I looked for a space saving sub enclosure similar to Q-Forms or JL Stealth boxes for my SL2. If there is one whoever makes it isn't intent on anyone knowing about it. So...........I decided to make my own. It will reside in the rear corner of the trunk between the right rear strut tower and the tail light. It is removeable and slips down into that well that is there. The front baffle to mount the sub is 3/4 MDF. I had a 10" so I will use it. I am guessing it will end up being about 1 cu ft. and I intend to leave it sealed as opposed to vented/ported. It will not interfere with the trunklid hinge or obstruct the wiring for the tail light. The top of the enclosure will be round to mimic the curve of the sub. I may post pics soon, I have some progress pics, but hope to finish it by the weekend and post complete pics step by step. Has anyone else wished for a nice prefab enclosure for out cars? It won't be anykind of an SPL hunter, but will add a bit of nice punch. Got tired of the clunky square box that ate up stowage space....that's what happens with wife and kids. Let me know what U all think.

Old 02-20-2006, 05:15 PM

SOunds like a plan get some pics up

Old 09-18-2007, 02:45 PM

In my 93 sl2..I'm going w/ 2' 12 fosgates,and 1 10'.The(2)MAaudio 1200 amps,will be mounted at the back of the box.This will be done in fiberglass,and all done with space saving in mind.G/f likes bass,but we got kids[img]smileys/smiley8.gif[/img]So,we use the trunk,but not a lot.Shooting for a loud sl2.Oh,we shut the bass OFF when the kids are in the car.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]

**No kids were harmed in the making/operations, of this loud a$$ SL2.***

Old 09-19-2007, 11:09 PM

sounds useless....sorry but it does.

and we have saturns...unless its the ion there really isnt aftermarket support...enjoi!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:16 AM

So,what your saying is all that audio is pointless?Why?

Old 09-20-2007, 08:21 PM

nooo the pointless little 10 in the corner isnt gonna do anything but look nice. And you have seen my page, i had 1 15" sub, a battery, and 2 amps. but...your system sounds like it is decent. its the other guys that i think is pointless.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:22 PM

In my opinion,the 12 hits hard,BUT,it lacks the punch bass in certain songs.The 12s tend to get fussy,or distorted after a certain volume w/ the bass up.So,to solve this...I got the 10...So,new set up,as of 9-19.(2)MA audio 12s,and possibly the ten.Also,1200,mono amp(for now)I'm not going for looks..so the glass is out.Now louder than most,defening to some..oh hell yeah,but quiet as a baby,when the babies are in the ride.Not going for the car that impresses ,but impresses me,and is comfortable all around.Gotta redesign the box now.Damn.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:19 AM

ive done audio competitions, im actually looking at my trophies right now, take your pick, 10" or 12" not both. Those subs will be pushing against each other. And it will sound like sh*t. My brother did it, and i think we all did it. But once you start to talk bout mixing sizes, stop. If your doing a molded enclosure ONCE AGAIN WHAT I THINK IS STUPID. Your doing it for looks, not functionality. Because size wise, could install 1 12" in the corner.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:01 PM

I agree.I was thinking about that very thing last night.You could pick up the punch bass just as well with 8s in each door,ran by 1 seperate amp.So,in back,2 12s,6.5 fosgates,up front,2 8s,fosgate 6.5 componet set(ordered).How's that??I liked it..My box will be 3/4 mdf.Made in a hurry...I want to get pics up of this stuff.Tired of words.Need pics.I 't know about ya'll,but,I learn better by sight,instead of reading something a bunch to get it.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:37 PM

i dont know about the 8s but other than that it sounds great. hopefully it all works out for ya. wish you the best of luck.

Quick Reply: Molded Sub Enclosure