P2001

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by derf
Hey Tooter,

The online description for the 3030a says it comes with a usb cable and usb port for updating through your PC. they may have stopped offering it because they were losing sales giving away free updates, but if you tell them that they are falsely advertising their product and that you should be eligible for at least one free update, maybe you can get what should be yours for nothing.

The more I dug into the specs I found out it only does 30 sec intervals for data updates (not live data) and I thought it did OBD I as well but it does not (my bad).
So I would no longer be interested in acquiring it from you.

But I would definitely beat on Innova until your scanner reads the right code over OBDII for that code. I'm suspecting an updated chip which if you put up a hell of a fight on, you can maybe get for free. Keep us posted
Maybe the newer ones came with a USB port and cable but, this one is probably 15 years old or older and didn't have that feature.

My new one does have that feature and live data among other features.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:16 PM

I got this in response to my email to Innova.

Thank you for your inquiry. Here is the code description for code P2001 NOx Trap Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2). The code your are retrieving with the new tool is able to read Manufacture codes. The P2A01 is a manufacture code.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us by phone at (800) 544-4124 or send a reply to support@innova.com. Please do not reply to this e-mail as we are not able to respond to messages sent to this address.
Sincerely,
Innova Team
My goal is to provide exceptional service. You may contact my management team at corp@innova.com and let them know if my goal was accomplished today.

What a joke.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

I was not aware that readers unable to read mfr codes would spit out b.s. in its place.

It does not seem like you can write 23 in binary more than one way.
Whatever signal is coming through the port to the reader should be unique from every other signal AS FAR AS THE READER IS CONCERNED. They should not have codes configured in the reader firmware to be inserted in place of ones it does not have a definition for...

Old 11-29-2016, 08:03 PM

Innova was no help at all........basically just said no firmware updates available.