General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Please Help Aura Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Default Please Help Aura Owners

Ok here is my deal. I am in the purchase Process of a 09 Saturn Aura with 65K on it. (my buddy owns the dealership so he is letting "try" it out to see if I like it) I love to car I love how it drives. I'm a Honda person always have been but This def has me liking Saturn. Great driving car. Anyway here is my issue. I got gas in it and shortly after check engine light comes on. I tell my buddy he says sometimes the gas cap being loose can cause check engine light to come on. He said that the light would have to be taken off though as it wouldn't automatically reset so I tightened up the cap and went home. Later on I went to go out to the store and take wife for a drive to see if she liked it and the Check engine light was off. So great. Its gone. Drive over 60 miles the next day no issue. Get in car next day no issue. Make one stop get back in and start driven and check engine light back on. Great :-( So I go to Autozone. I ask if they can read the computer and tell me what the code is. They come out with there device kept reading "LINE ERROR" so I said does your device have issues he said no works like a charm but just for ****s he tried another and got "Line ERROR" again. So basically the thing could not read the cars computer. So I do not know yet what the deal is. The car drives great no issues that would cause alarm. Does not sound funny or anything. I'm stumped.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Guys
Dave

Old 02-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Banned

Don't know if I can help you or not, but my wife's '09 Aura does the same thing. Mississippi is not as strict as other states WRT smog control, so it's not an issue here. I would locate a "Saturn-friendly" GM dealership near where you live. The chances of being able to read the computer will be greatly enhanced, but might come at a price ...

Old 02-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Banned

If you ever get down towards Mobile, AL, there's an ex-Saturn dealership that merged with a Cadillac dealership just off I-65. They still have all the piece parts and bells and whistles necessary to make your Aura sit up and tell all ....

Old 02-08-2013, 09:12 AM

yeah the thing is I wanna find out if its just the simple gas cap ordeal or something bigger before I but this car. I mean who knows with dealerships these days they will do whatever to get a used car off the lot and out of there hair

Old 02-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Banned

Was there a Saturn dealership near to you? Does the dealership still exist? Granted, it may be under another name, but it might still have what you need to get your answers

Old 02-08-2013, 09:26 AM

just weird two autozones one in town and one in neighboring town both got line read error

Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

i'd think it'd be stranger if they didn't get the same results since OA already confirmed this scan tool behavior is not a one-off problem w your car

Old 02-08-2013, 04:02 PM

Seems like the only thing to do is get the code read by the dealer, cause ya never know with dealerships these days..............especially ones a friend of yours owns.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 PM

I took my Aura XR to Autozone a couple of months ago to read the check engine code. His would not read any information about the car. He had to manually input the type, year, engine etc. Then it read some weird code that could have been several things. Something about bank 1 something or other. Anyway, I learned the most common cause of this code was the engine system trying to run leaner but could not. We found a dirty air filter, changed it and have had no codes since. Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

take it to a gm dealer . my three cents

Quick Reply: Please Help Aura Owners