Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

what is wrong my cigarette lighter outlet

Old 07-19-2006, 06:34 PM

Hello there,

I am new here, but I have been over 4 years with my saturn sl2 (2002). I like my car, so far so good. Oh I had a battery problem a few days ago, it is ok now.

I have a cigarette lighter outlet question. I ordered belkin tunebase fm for my ipod nano, so i got it yesterday and i just plugged it into the cigarette lighter outlet and it works ok. However I have a one concern with that. The tunebase fm has a led on green light when it connected ok to cigarette lighter outlet, but when I turned engine off and unplugged ipod from the tunebase fm, it still kep green light on without car key insert. I thought without key insert the power should be cut off for everything even cigarette lighter outlet. As I mentioned that I already had a problem with battery, so I was wondering that should it be ok just plugged into cigarette lighter outlet with green light on? or should I have to disconnect tunebase fm from cigarette lighter outlet whenever I turned engine off?

Thanks.

Old 07-20-2006, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Lighter is functional with key off. Best to disconnect stuff when not in use (limits drain on battery). Takes 2 sec.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by derf
Lighter is functional with key off. Best to disconnect stuff when not in use (limits drain on battery). Takes 2 sec.
Yep, you are right. That is what I am doing.

Thanks much.